Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] FREE Guitar

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Hi all, I hope it is ok to post this here mods. If not remove it and I will find a home for my old guitar elsewhere.

If you are stuck at home self isolating or just finding that you have a lot of spare time to kill. Due to upgrading to new guitar I have a LEFT handed guitar sitting at home ready to be used with fairly new strings on it. It is very good condition and plays quite well. Obviousy it isn't a high quality expensive one, but it is fine for a beginner to learn with. I can deliver to Brighton or Lewes area in the next week or so. I am in Cheam, Surrey, if you are close by and want to collect. Maybe a small donation to REMF would be nice if you wish to.

There has never been a better time to learn to play an instrument courtesy of YouTube and various other websites as many of us are trapped at home. This guitar is suitable for any age to learn with, but do remember it is for a LEFT handed player.

PM me on a first come first served basis and its yours. I just want someone to make good use of it. Learning isn't the easiest thing to do but if I could do it, so can you.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Being left handed, I would have jumped at this offer a while back and probably would do in the future when I retire. However, with so many other hobbies on the go, a potential dust collector would do no favours for my effort to clear out my hoardings:smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are Paul McCartney and I claim my £5

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Hi all, I hope it is ok to post this here mods. If not remove it and I will find a home for my old guitar elsewhere.

If you are stuck at home self isolating or just finding that you have a lot of spare time to kill. Due to upgrading to new guitar I have a LEFT handed guitar sitting at home ready to be used with fairly new strings on it. It is very good condition and plays quite well. Obviousy it isn't a high quality expensive one, but it is fine for a beginner to learn with. I can deliver to Brighton or Lewes area in the next week or so. I am in Cheam, Surrey, if you are close by and want to collect. Maybe a small donation to REMF would be nice if you wish to.

There has never been a better time to learn to play an instrument courtesy of YouTube and various other websites as many of us are trapped at home. This guitar is suitable for any age to learn with, but do remember it is for a LEFT handed player.

PM me on a first come first served basis and its yours. I just want someone to make good use of it. Learning isn't the easiest thing to do but if I could do it, so can you.

What a wonderful gesture, bravo sir.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone else posted about using this extra time to learn the guitar and I think I might do the same.

I'm NOT going to learn to be left-handed however.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

https://youtu.be/gsC4kf6x_Q0

What part of the country did it end up in :D

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Someone else posted about using this extra time to learn the guitar and I think I might do the same.

I'm NOT going to learn to be left-handed however.

After many years of owning an electric guitar I finally started to learn about 2 months ago. I was told by a friend who plays to just do 10 mins a day and then you dont get frustrated.

I have found a fantastic site where, in order to prove his methods work, the guy is using his techniques to teach himself left handed. Its really comforting to see such an a accomplished guitar player making an arse of himself and shows you that its really all about taking it slowly and not giving up.

So far I can only play 3 chords but its enough to be able to join in on many songs and by not putting myself under any time pressure i never feel frustrated at progress.

Would definitely give it a go if I were you

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After many years of owning an electric guitar I finally started to learn about 2 months ago. I was told by a friend who plays to just do 10 mins a day and then you dont get frustrated.

I have found a fantastic site where, in order to prove his methods work, the guy is using his techniques to teach himself left handed. Its really comforting to see such an a accomplished guitar player making an arse of himself and shows you that its really all about taking it slowly and not giving up.

So far I can only play 3 chords but its enough to be able to join in on many songs and by not putting myself under any time pressure i never feel frustrated at progress.

Would definitely give it a go if I were you
Good luck - keep at it! You're right, there's some great stuff on t'internet - wish it had been around years ago when all we had was Bert Weedon's 'Play in a Day' Guide. More like Play in a Decade in my case!

Didn't really get going until I got to Uni and met up with others who were also at various stages of learning - and that is the point I'm leading up to. If you've got a friend (or friends) who can play, that immediately puts you in a better place - they will see what you're doing, and the odd little tip from them can do wonders. Like I said, good luck!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My learner Advice fwiw....

Don’t buy too cheap. It is harder on your hands.

Don’t put it away, leave it resting on a stand. You’re far more likely to stick with it if it isn’t a faff to have to simply pick it up for five minutes.

Try and play daily, weekly practice will not get you far as your fingers will not build and maintain the required strength.

If your fingers hurt really badly, put the guitar down or you may struggle to play the following day. Little and often is key.

If you lack the required patience then get an electric. They are easier to learn with than acoustic.

Use the internet for most of your learning. There are some fabulous free lessons and teachers that cover everything. A private teacher occasionally will help with any bad habits though.

Most importantly. Stick with it, you will never regret learning to play.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here