Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Video got blocked!

I think Senna quoted himself his best drive was his first win at the 1985 Portuguese Grand Prix in the JPS Lotus

He lapped the entire field bar Michele Alboreto in treacherous conditions
No driver aids back then

What he did at Donington was very special
He should have been nowhere near those Williams
In dry quali Prost was 1.6 secs faster than Senna

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think Senna quoted himself his best drive was his first win at the 1985 Portuguese Grand Prix in the JPS Lotus

He lapped the entire field bar Michele Alboreto in treacherous conditions
No driver aids back then

What he did at Donington was very special
He should have been nowhere near those Williams
In dry quali Prost was 1.6 secs faster than Senna

What a genius

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its difficult to tell if a formula 1 champ is truly a great driver. Sebastian Vettel has won it 4 times, but is quite often beaten now by his novice team mate in recent times.
Lewis Hamilton in one of those pink cars, do you think he would still win?
No doubt he is a great driver as he dominates all his team mates, but i still think Senna with the same equipment would be a match for him and Schumacher in their prime.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its difficult to tell if a formula 1 champ is truly a great driver. Sebastian Vettel has won it 4 times, but is quite often beaten now by his novice team mate in recent times.
Lewis Hamilton in one of those pink cars, do you think he would still win?
No doubt he is a great driver as he dominates all his team mates, but i still think Senna with the same equipment would be a match for him and Schumacher in their prime.

Jury is out on Senna vs Hamilton for me but Schumacher? Nah, Lewis has raced all his team mates with favour being shown to him on only a few occasions. Schumacher’s team mates played second fiddle for his whole career after his first World Championship until he went to Mercedes. Imagine how many races Lewis would have won if his team mates hadn’t been allowed to race him, he’d already have seven titles in the bag too.

The World Champion does tend to have the best car so that can’t be used as a stick to beat Lewis with, especially as he races his team mates and nearly always comes out on top. I’d be interested to see how he did in the same car as Verstappen but fear the much younger man would probably be too much for the older Lewis now, nobody else would be challenging him in the same car imo.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nurburgring is back

From BBC ...

Instead, three further races in Europe are to be added to the calendar.

These will see a return for Germany's Nurburgring and Imola in Italy, and an F1 debut for Portugal's Portimao track

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sergio Perez has tested positive and will miss this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Sounds like Nico Hulkenberg may get the seat as Racing Point do not feel that designated reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez has sufficient experience.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Apparently Perez went home to Mexico to visit his mother who'd been in hospital. Understand him wanting to visit his family, but sounds like a risky trip to take. It's back to back races so he'll miss next weekend too.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Sergio Perez has tested positive and will miss this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Sounds like Nico Hulkenberg may get the seat as Racing Point do not feel that designated reserve driver Esteban Gutierrez has sufficient experience.
Just been confirmed it is indeed the Hulk, pending his Covid-19 test result being negative.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Apparently Perez went home to Mexico to visit his mother who'd been in hospital. Understand him wanting to visit his family, but sounds like a risky trip to take. It's back to back races so he'll miss next weekend too.

And Italy, posing with fans as well.

Both documented on Instagram by his other half, both posts were removed shortly after the news broke of his positive test.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
George Russell said he was going to stay at his parents house for the 2 weeks between races, using a home gym. Sounds more sensible than a load of international travel!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll get this first ever podium this weekend, won't he?

Well off the pace in practice....so far

As I say that he goes 7th, so maybe game on for the German in the Pink Mercedes

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Any ideas how long Perez has to isolate for? Will he miss next weekend's race as well?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
What a muppet. :laugh:

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Any predictions for quali today? Would like to see Hulk grab P3..

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
9958be074c21abe7d87f92a29215111a.jpg

Surprised Leclerc that fast. Well done Lando!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That Mercedes is simply outrageous, we’ve had some dominant cars over the years but they are in another class.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Interesting point I read in the week- Ferrari with their dubious engine last year really pushed Mercedes to keep improving and improving to make sure they kept winning. Then Ferrari had their engine banned and the end result is Mercedes miles ahead this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here