Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stroll’s Dad must realise that he has made the biggest **** up of his life releasing Perez and signing Vettel whilst leaving his son in the car for next season.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
They’ve still got to investigate that 1st lap incident! 10 second penalty of Perez?! [emoji23]

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Chuffed for Perez but gutted for George, only consolation is that George will get another crack.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And this man doesn’t have a drive for next year? Disgraceful.

Albon nowhere again, get him in that Red Bull.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Unbelievable bad luck for George I thought he had an incredible drive! So unlucky... agree that if it was going to be anyone other than George it had to be Perez. Albon must be pooing his pants this evening.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
So Jack Aitken spins in George Russell's Williams and smashes the nose, which precipitated all that chaos, denying Russell a maiden F1 victory. Hope he's not expecting a Christmas card this year...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Toto being interviewed on Sky- ‘it was a colossal **** up from us.’ [emoji23]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Stroll’s Dad must realise that he has made the biggest **** up of his life releasing Perez and signing Vettel whilst leaving his son in the car for next season.

Except he doesn't because that's not how 'succesful businessmens' heads work. It's all about the money. Even though Perez brings it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
GR driver of the day by far. Really pleased for Perez, he's kept all his team mates keen and deserves a win. THere are at least 10 drivers less worthy than him of an F1 drive

Albon not on that page, and whilst Bottas is 'good' I don't think he'd be up to much in an average car. . . . . I think LH is on holiday until Jan, so hopefully GR gets another go, and nails himself a new car.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
GR driver of the day by far. Really pleased for Perez, he's kept all his team mates keen and deserves a win. THere are at least 10 drivers less worthy than him of an F1 drive

Albon not on that page, and whilst Bottas is 'good' I don't think he'd be up to much in an average car. . . . . I think LH is on holiday until Jan, so hopefully GR gets another go, and nails himself a new car.

Personally think he's got serious questions to answer. Decent in qualifying but slow off the line again today. Not being able to match Russell's pace is damning. Badly needs a win next week.

Though having said that I think Hamilton loves having him there. Compliant but nowhere near challenging him. Last thing Lewis would want is Max as a team mate

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Personally think he's got serious questions to answer. Decent in qualifying but slow off the line again today. Not being able to match Russell's pace is damning. Badly needs a win next week.

Though having said that I think Hamilton loves having him there. Compliant but nowhere near challenging him. Last thing Lewis would want is Max as a team mate

As George said in the post race interview, he was managing the gap to Bottas at the beginning of the race, to have someone say that in their first race weekend in someone else's car about someone who has been in that team for 4 years says it all for me. He should be in that car next year rather than Bottas, just a shame he couldn't get out of his Williams contract.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Bottas looked shot, his confidence was wrecked by Hamilton but he could always fall back on it was Hamilton. What Russell did to him was extraordinary and i cant see any way back for him now. If, if he srats next year uts the odd pole snd odd scrap of a win but then he’ll be out of f1.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As George said in the post race interview, he was managing the gap to Bottas at the beginning of the race, to have someone say that in their first race weekend in someone else's car about someone who has been in that team for 4 years says it all for me. He should be in that car next year rather than Bottas, just a shame he couldn't get out of his Williams contract.

Yeh, that was just taking the piss out of Bottas.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another fantastic race today - think this has been the best year for F1 since 2012. Absolutely delighted for Perez, lovely bloke and brilliant pace to match. Get him in a RB.

Gotta say Russell was fantastic today - so impressive to step into a new car and put together the race he did today. Didn't deserve the end result one bit. Pretty sure VB will need to start putting feelers out to other teams for 2022 over the winter - his future certainly doesn't lie at Mercedes now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here