Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'll have a look when I get in later, have a few night videos I think, and a slow mo of Starsky and Hutch, and Dukes of Hazard!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I just think it's been dissapearing up its own arse for years, losing popularity along the way . . .soon enough the sponsors will get shy. Motorsport has always been a big money thing, but the weorld has changed and F1 in particular hasn't kept abreast of reality. . . neithers football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just think it's been dissapearing up its own arse for years, losing popularity along the way . . .soon enough the sponsors will get shy. Motorsport has always been a big money thing, but the weorld has changed and F1 in particular hasn't kept abreast of reality. . . neithers football.

I'm not so sure this is true. New owners, F1 has countries in a queue willing to pay millions to be able to stage a grand prix and all the publicity and kudos that goes with it. A few years back Friday practice would be to a near empty circuit, and yet even that was getting record crowds in some countries and is broadcast around the world. Certainly going to suffer like many things, but arguably it's been in better health to survive this than it has been for decades.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not so sure this is true. New owners, F1 has countries in a queue willing to pay millions to be able to stage a grand prix and all the publicity and kudos that goes with it. A few years back Friday practice would be to a near empty circuit, and yet even that was getting record crowds in some countries and is broadcast around the world. Certainly going to suffer like many things, but arguably it's been in better health to survive this than it has been for decades.

You're not wrong, but these are generally 2nd/3rd world countries, and quite probably with unsustainable plans.

I don't give a shit one way or the other really, I raced in a support event at the British GP in 2008, the best bit was the F1 mechanics asking about our cars and applauding us, most of the F1 twatteraty were long gone, the vast majority of what us peasants see live in their own Detatched world.

Aside that, The budgets and justification for its mere existence become ever decreasingly relevant or popular.

To a lesser extent the same can be said for a lot of top tier motorsport.

The historic race world bubble will burst as well. Like many of its participants, it's been over inflated for years!

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You're not wrong, but these are generally 2nd/3rd world countries, and quite probably with unsustainable plans.

I don't give a shit one way or the other really, I raced in a support event at the British GP in 2008, the best bit was the F1 mechanics asking about our cars and applauding us, most of the F1 twatteraty were long gone, the vast majority of what us peasants see live in their own Detatched world.

Aside that, The budgets and justification for its mere existence become ever decreasingly relevant or popular.

To a lesser extent the same can be said for a lot of top tier motorsport.

The historic race world bubble will burst as well. Like many of its participants, it's been over inflated for years!

Back when I used to attend the British GP religiously, invariably the best racing you saw on the last day was the Touring Cars, especially at Silverstone. Half the audience were invariably sitting in car park traffic jams by then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Back when I used to attend the British GP religiously, invariably the best racing you saw on the last day was the Touring Cars, especially at Silverstone. Half the audience were invariably sitting in car park traffic jams by then.

That was us in 2008 . . . a friend raced his 1964 Toyota Corona, all The Toyota F1 mechanics were dewy eyed when he rolled down the pit lane :rolleyes: It was very wet, but 60 pre 66 saloons sliding around certainly provided a spectacle. Good that we got to drive the full GP circuit before they f****d it up permanently.

Don't get me started on the bus stop at Spa !

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We start this week :clap2:

Mercedes just unveiled new Livery, won’t talk about the reasoning because we don’t want this thread in the bear pit, looks amazing though :ohmy: 87A4C17D-3550-42C7-8948-CD05463AE60E.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Mercedes just unveiled new Livery, won’t talk about the reasoning because we don’t want this thread in the bear pit, looks amazing though :ohmy: View attachment 125486
Henry Ford would be delighted! "They can have any colour they want, as long as it's black" - that's (roughly) what he said about a hundred years ago. Never knew the old boy was such a liberal!
:lolol:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Looks badass. [emoji108]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looks brilliant. Hope they made Haas a different colour, or it will be hard to work out which is which. (apart from the fact that one will be going quickly and the other one won't)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looks great, can't wait for the season to finally start this weekend.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Mercedes just unveiled new Livery, won’t talk about the reasoning because we don’t want this thread in the bear pit, looks amazing though :ohmy: View attachment 125486

That looks incredible. I hope they keep that and it isn't just for one race. Could become iconic.

Especially if it's the car that Hamilton breaks Schumacher's race wins record and equals his number of world titles in.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm resisting the temptation to post a picture of the black and white minstrel show saying its X teams new pit crew outfits.

The lotus 76 was very nice. A few friends and I have all agreed, cars never looked better than 50-70's its just gone down hill since, aesthetics are low priority after efficiency and practicality

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
That looks incredible. I hope they keep that and it isn't just for one race. Could become iconic.

Especially if it's the car that Hamilton breaks Schumacher's race wins record and equals his number of world titles in.

It’s the livery for the whole season. However long that may be. Seems to have gone a bit quiet in terms of announcing races beyond the first batch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here