Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oh it's 2 penalties! 10 seconds. Is this a conspiracy?

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice, stewards HAMMERING Lewis with two penalties. Absolute ****s

Has he ever been Investigated without getting a penalty?

Never seen that penalty before.

The penalties were at the stewards discretion, they did not need to give him anything. Bizarre punishment that will cost him a top six place at least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never seen that penalty before.

The penalties were at the stewards discretion, they did not need to give him anything. Bizarre punishment that will cost him a top six place at least.

Absolutely no surprise though, it’s been the same since he came into F1.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Bottas' shout out about answering his critics is ridiculous. He's won that because Hamilton got a couple of penalties, not due to his own ability.

He has won only NINE races, whilst being in a dominant car for over 3 years - 72 races. By way of comparison, Hamilton has won 37 of those.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Nice for Bottas to win the odd race but would be better to do it on merit.

The offence didn’t seem to warrant time penalties- I would have thought a slap on the wrist would have dealt with it.

Oh well it’s only delaying the inevitable- Ham will win the Championship and next season’s I would imagine - which will give him all the records.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I thought the penalty was fair, as it’s clearly written in the rules but it’s not Lewis fault, his engineer assured him twice it was allowed. Gutted for him, he was on a rubbish strategy though starting on softs I think Bottas may have won today regardless, he’s super quick around Sochi.

Didn’t like the way Valtteri acted after the race to be honest, very strange and unusual for Bottas to be so classless I thought.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Didn’t like the way Valtteri acted after the race to be honest, very strange and unusual for Bottas to be so classless I thought.

Must be difficult for him, constantly being made to look totally average by his team mate. I think that would get to me as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the penalty was fair, as it’s clearly written in the rules but it’s not Lewis fault, his engineer assured him twice it was allowed. Gutted for him, he was on a rubbish strategy though starting on softs I think Bottas may have won today regardless, he’s super quick around Sochi.

The points have been rescinded and Mercedes fined instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54318727

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must be difficult for him, constantly being made to look totally average by his team mate. I think that would get to me as well.

Exactly he is up there as the probably one of the best drivers along with Ricciardo but not as good as Max or Hamilton, it must be incredibly frustrating to lose out to Hamilton time after time. Has to be said that he very seldom loses when he is in front other than blow outs or mechanical problems. Maybe he should consider himself lucky that he is actually allowed to race Hamilton. If he’d been no 2 to Schumacher or Vettel in his heyday at Red Bull, he would have had to accept being no 2. The fact is he is not as good as Hamilton and his reaction after the race was pathetic. The stewards gave him a win.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
This will be awkward.

b27c0726cbe1a9dc717ece5113f23ab6.jpg

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
They really should scrap FP1 and FP2. Would mean the teams have less data and would make quali and the race a bit less predictable.

This weekend shows it’s not needed and I’m not convinced the fans in attendance get much out of it.

Also ‘almost’ makes FP3 interesting as they all have to maximise laps and data collection in one 60 minute window.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Stroll is ‘ill’ and is not taking part in FP3. Quali TBC. Whether it’s Covid or not TBC.

Someone get on the phone to Hulkenberg!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FP Sat am, Qual Sat PM Race Sunday, it's all you need.

I don't understand why inter race testing isn't allowed, at least in some controlled/limited way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This will be awkward.

b27c0726cbe1a9dc717ece5113f23ab6.jpg

Renault don’t sound too keen on supplying Red Bull engines as things stand but apparently they could be obliged to do so by FIA as they don’t supply any other teams at the moment. Mercedes have said it’s not going to happen as they supply three other teams and can’t/won’t take on another team. Who the feck wants a Ferrari engine? I think Red Bull’s aggressive and disrespectful public comments about the Renault engine before they binned it for Honda has come back to bite them.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
My understanding is they have to go with Renault as they currently supply the least teams of the 3 remaining engine manufacturers.

Unless RB can find another solution like taking over the Honda IP themselves, or finding a new entrant (v unlikely)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here