Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolute chaos :lolol:

I am a Hamilton fan so maybe I’m biased but a 5 Second penalty for that is incredibly harsh imo, seen worse than that be seen as a racing incident.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great race.
Conflicted as don't think Hamilton deserved a penalty (look at his steering from the on board footage) but really please for Lando and McLaren, that last lap was something special.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
[tweet]1283325430661931008[/tweet]

Remember when F1 cars sounded like this, what a noise.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
5e3532bcdc91dbe406910def2576132c.jpg

Great work by Tracing Point. They do look like the second fastest team- see if they can hold on to that status all season..

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
5e3532bcdc91dbe406910def2576132c.jpg

Great work by Tracing Point. They do look like the second fastest team- see if they can hold on to that status all season..

I find it quite funny what racing point have done, guarantee 3 or 4 midfield teams will be doing exactly the same thing now, which I suppose will be bad for the sport.

I'm actually quite please for Stroll. He gets a tonne of innuendo his way, and I get why, but he's consistently been up and around a very good team mate.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Not sure if other teams will do the same thing.

They would only have one season- 2021, before all starting from scratch designing a 2022 car under the new regs.

Also, Racing Point have a Merc engine so have designed a replica Merc car around that engine and setup. So that wouldn’t work for all other teams.

McLaren change to Merc engines next season so maybe could see their car design going a bit in that direction. And Williams.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Emergency work on Verstappen’s car, after a pre-race prang.

The Sky commentary team just said that Verstappen is THE master of the rain. For F1 regulars here, is that true? I’ve always thought of Hamilton as the stand out driver when it rains.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love the talk of how good Max is in the rain after he has put his car into the armco on the way to the grid :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Emergency work on Verstappen’s car, after a pre-race prang.

The Sky commentary team just said that Verstappen is THE master of the rain. For F1 regulars here, is that true? I’ve always thought of Hamilton as the stand out driver when it rains.

I just said the same to my wife, Hamilton is NORMALLY the rainmeister. Vettel is pretty good too, no idea where the idea it is Max has come from

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok so how did Bottas get away with moving and then stopping again at the start? If that had been Hamilton he would 100% got a penalty

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I wonder how long Ferrari will be prepared to bimble around in the mid-field, before they resume making noises about stepping away from F1...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To me it’s the ultimate leveller and test of innate ability. I can’t remember, but was Senna class in the rain?

Senna was awesome in the rain. In fact he was awesome full stop!

Ashamed to say I wasn’t a big fan until he got killed. A driver I loved to hate until then :down: i was so shocked when he died, it really affected me for weeks afterwards

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Senna was awesome in the rain. In fact he was awesome full stop!

Ashamed to say I wasn’t a big fan until he got killed. A driver I loved to hate until then :down: i was so shocked when he died, it really affected me for weeks afterwards

Similar for me, only because I wanted Brits to win.

But I preferred him to arrogant and unlikeable Prost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here