Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Always thought Hulkenburg was under rated. Should have got a Ferrari drive a few years back

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
a8531e07bfb6f52fb21ee6c28f388b7f.jpg

Great from Bottas and Hulk!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lewis gambling everything for a win. Entertaining finish - will his badly blistered tyres last the distance?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Verstappen wins, Hamilton second, Bottas third. Mercedes struggled in the heat but Hamilton still able to extend his lead at the top by 4 more points.

It's a real shame that Verstappen won't have a car to compete against Lewis with until Hamilton has passed his peak. The two of them going at it in equal cars both at their peak would be something special.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Verstsappen very nearly lapped Albon again, Red Bull must seriously be worried now. Of course Verstappen is a mighty difficult team mate but Albon is being absolutely slapped at the moment.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure why Mercedes gave Bottas a new contract.
He lost places at the start to more aggressive drivers and now on soft tyres cannot catch Verstappen who is on mediums. Even Hamilton coasting along at the front, has increased his lead.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Walk in the park for Hamilton, at least there was plenty going on down the field.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He lost places at the start to more aggressive drivers and now on soft tyres cannot catch Verstappen who is on mediums. Even Hamilton coasting along at the front, has increased his lead.

Hamilton calling the shots there I think. He remembers the Rosberg season and doesn't want a Verstappen lining up in the other Merc. Bottas is just about competent and team oriented. Perfect for Lewis. Mercedes F1 won't want to rock that boat all the time they are delivering Mercedes corporate Constructors championships to put on their marketing brochures

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hamilton calling the shots there I think. He remembers the Rosberg season and doesn't want a Verstappen lining up in the other Merc. Bottas is just about competent and team oriented. Perfect for Lewis. Mercedes F1 won't want to rock that boat all the time they are delivering Mercedes corporate Constructors championships to put on their marketing brochures

Lewis isn’t even signed up for next year with Mercedes so I highly doubt he would be calling the shots.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lewis isn’t even signed up for next year with Mercedes so I highly doubt he would be calling the shots.
Well he is, he is current champion, in the lead this year, not far from being the most successful driver of all time.

Do you honestly believe Mercedes are that forward thinking that they want to replace him?

I dont think so do you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bottas is a very good driver but Hamilton has totally destroyed his confidence over the last few years. He does that to team mates. Rosberg won the World Championship by a point and had to drive dangerously on a number of occasions and only won because Mercedes gave him Hamilton’s pit crew from the previous season and Lewis had a number of engine failures that year. He then quit F1 knowing he had absolutely no chance of winning the Championship again. The only drivers who could make a fight of it are Max and Alonso, would love to see either of them in the same stable. The rest of the field aren’t in the same league as Hamilton

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well he is, he is current champion, in the lead this year, not far from being the most successful driver of all time.

Do you honestly believe Mercedes are that forward thinking that they want to replace him?

I dont think so do you?

Yep. Not a chance Mercedes are looking to move Lewis on. Not a chance Lewis is looking at any of the other cars on the grid and thinking he fancies a drive in one of those.

It doesn't matter what Toto does, Hamilton is staying and he'll continue to have input into the areas of operation which he shouldn't have input on. One of these is that Vallteri gets kept on.

If, or should I say when, he makes it 8 in a row next year, then he might decide to go and do other stuff. Rule changes might help the others close the gap, so it's plausible. More likely though, he'll try to build an unassailable number of Championships. It wouldn't surprise me if he got 10

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bottas is a very good driver but Hamilton has totally destroyed his confidence over the last few years. He does that to team mates. Rosberg won the World Championship by a point and had to drive dangerously on a number of occasions and only won because Mercedes gave him Hamilton’s pit crew from the previous season and Lewis had a number of engine failures that year. He then quit F1 knowing he had absolutely no chance of winning the Championship again. The only drivers who could make a fight of it are Max and Alonso, would love to see either of them in the same stable. The rest of the field aren’t in the same league as Hamilton

Hamilton’s brilliance, precision and relentless hunger also destroys the confidence of the opposition. Once supremely confident Vettel, gradually crumbled, making a huge number of errors in recent seasons, he’s now a broken racer. Similarly, before this awful season for them, in recent seasons Ferrari also cracked, making key unforced errors from the pressure.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Nothing to do with the race but why are the TV presenters when doing a bit to camera wearing masks? they are outside,more than 2m away from the cameraman or if not he can stand back and zoom in.. I think its all being done for dramatic effect now,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to do with the race but why are the TV presenters when doing a bit to camera wearing masks? they are outside,more than 2m away from the cameraman or if not he can stand back and zoom in.. I think its all being done for dramatic effect now,

Compare and contrast Hamilton’s elbow pumps today and Max diving into his crew last weekend. They are all in a bubble anyway aren’t they and tested regularly. I am concerned that they can make an F1 car but none of the teams seem able to obtain face masks that don’t need pushing back up over the nose every five seconds.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here