Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ross Brawn saying he still wants 18-19 races in this campaign, which feels somewhat optimistic.

Interesting that the Chinese GP was the first event to be cancelled, even before the teams jetted off to Melbourne, but it is likely to be the first country that could be ready to host major sport again.

In related news, I'm really enjoying the Netflix series of last season - they do a wonderful job of piecing together stories from across the season.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
What happens this season is anyone’s guess at this point!

I have tickets for Silverstone- would be my first so will be sad if I miss it, but appreciate there are bigger things going on, and they have already said full refunds will be issued if cancelled.

If we get any races this season it will be a bonus. I see the teams have already voted to push the new regs back to 22. I totally get why but that would be a shame as I think a regs shakeup is overdue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Similarly, I heard about a 128 team FIFA competition today between various clubs from around the world. Some clubs were being represented by current players, some by e-sports players and some by fans.

I'm not sure who our representative is - I'll try and find out...

If its the one Orient are hosting then Maupay is playing and we're 'home' to Sparta Rotterdam in first round. You can follow any info on the official Orient twitter, which I wouldn't usually read but they've been quite good getting this going!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Here we go [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/03/19/all-you-need-to-know-about-ultimatequaranteam/

The tournament will kick start this Sunday at 7pm, giving clubs until the day before the planned date of the round of 64 to complete their opening match.

Round of 128 – To be played from Sunday 22nd March – 7pm
Round of 64 – To be played from Tuesday 24th March – 7pm
Round of 32 – To be played from Thursday 26th March – 7pm
Round of 16- To be played from Saturday 28th March – 7pm
Quarter-finals – To be played from Monday 30th March -7pm
Semi-Final – To be played from Wednesday 1st April -7pm
Final – To be played from Friday 3rd April – 7pm

*Both teams involved in each individual fixture will liaise with each other to agree on a time to play. Individual clubs will then promote and stream their own games on their own channels.*

Edited to add this that I found;
• Clubs will be encouraged to stream on Twitch
• It's on PS4
• All 85 rated squads as per earlier poll
• One knockout game

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Similarly, I heard about a 128 team FIFA competition today between various clubs from around the world. Some clubs were being represented by current players, some by e-sports players and some by fans.

I'm not sure who our representative is - I'll try and find out...

Definitely Maupay- he was streaming his Weekend League games on youtube last night too. Junior was watching it, said he’s ‘very good’, but has clearly spunked an absolute fortune on player packs to get the best players in his team......

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Virtual Bahrain happening on Sunday, nice way to entertain the fans without actual racing. The PL should do something similar with e-sports as the contestants can compete remotely.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Is it just me, or is the impact of this potnetial UK quarantine being underestimated? Articles like this-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52723200

refer to its potential impact on the Silvertone GPs x2. But surely it would scupper the whole thing? Or at the least it would mean that all the staff of the UK based teams would not be able to return to the UK at any point in the season if the quarantine is in place, because they would then have to stay at home for 14 days every time they returned?

Am I missing something?!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't help thinking this year is really double highlighting what a massive white elephant F1 is

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First 8 races announced...

3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)
10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)
17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)
31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)
7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)
14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix
28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix
4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

The aim is to hold 15-18 races before completing the season with races in Bahrain on 6 December and Abu Dhabi on 13 December.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
First 8 races announced...

3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)
10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)
17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)
31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)
7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)
14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix
28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix
4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

The aim is to hold 15-18 races before completing the season with races in Bahrain on 6 December and Abu Dhabi on 13 December.

Good news for Hamilton in that is the the master of the Hungaroring and is very very decent at the British, Italian & Spanish GPS.

Whilst he is average at Sp, he has always struggled at the Red Bull ring in Austria so the double header will be a great chance for Bottas to get an early lead on his team mate or for Red Bull/Ferrari to strike.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It won't be the same without the sound of the crowd.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Should have completed it with drivers playing Scalextric, settle the snoozefest.

Could have done that at my house, got a 4 lane set up in the workshop . . .80 cars to chose from. We actually built an eu rouge a few years ago . . .scarificed some bits of track by bending them.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Could have done that at my house, got a 4 lane set up in the workshop . . .80 cars to chose from. We actually built an eu rouge a few years ago . . .scarificed some bits of track by bending them.

Have you got any pictures? As a bit of a reaction to the passing of my wife, I set up one hell of a racetrack going through walls and I almost extended the track into the conservatory out the back but stopped myself. It's all down now and I don't have any digital images of the course, but it was quite good once upon a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here