Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night home drinking thread

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Just landed home from Oz to find no pubs open. So, tucking into an Oakham Citra at home.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Managed to get some.....Fosters from the the sparse selection I could find. It’ll do. Don’t tend to keep booze in the house. Or should I say, every bit of booze that comes into the house gets drunk that night :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still plenty of booze in the supermarkets here - except all the cheap cider has disappeared!

(And no, before you ask, I'm not guilty - it's not me that's got all the cheap cider!)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Lime and soda for me. I had a reality check last week at the doctors as I was told my blood sugar level was nearly double what it should be and as I am recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic I am taking action. So 3 months off the booze and. ( trying very hard) to eat a better diet. With what is going on at the moment the timing couldn't have been better.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going to SPOONS to get hammered, Tim Martin said it was fine, very few instances of Covid19 transmission in his pubs and they aren’t as busy as supermarkets [emoji106] [emoji481]

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Day 9 of self isolation/playing nursemaid after the wifes operation
Lager, gin and vodka stocks depleted, looking for a recipe for amaretto, curacao and cherry brandy......:facepalm:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Going to SPOONS to get hammered, Tim Martin said it was fine, very few instances of Covid19 transmission in his pubs and they aren’t as busy as supermarkets [emoji106] [emoji481]

??? I’m sure he’s done loads of analysis to support his statement.
What a Tosser!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm trying to support local breweries which are offering delivery services. The only decision is - which one should I start with?

IMG_20200318_154616.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was made to feel very guilty at the checkout today as I arrived with 8 bottles of wine to be told the limit was six. I had no idea that was being rationed too

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Nice Argentinian Malbec from the vaults of Wunt be Druv Heights, to be followed later by some Duke of Sussex Maderia....Nice!������

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has a couple of beers down at Brooksteed tonight after planting spuds, shallots, onion sets and parsnips today up the plot, was walking home as the news broke that everything is closing ! ( mostly ) Had a notification from Dark Star that they are doing a click and collect thing on beer, will have a go next week methinks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Day 9 of self isolation/playing nursemaid after the wifes operation
Lager, gin and vodka stocks depleted, looking for a recipe for amaretto, curacao and cherry brandy......:facepalm:

Pinch your nose Coldean and go for it. I’ve been in the same boat..... you need a drink mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here