Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crash worse than Covid?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Is the impending financial crash going to be worse than the Virus?

Carry on as we are and more jobs will be lost adding to an already under strain welfare system. Companies will be paying a fraction if any into an already empty tax pot. If we recover carrying on like these prices will go through the roof as companies try and recover losses, services will be slashed as there won't be any money to spend and tax will be huge for those left paying it to try and fill the black hole. Less police more crime and in the worst case anarchy, but at least Covid will have ****ed off.

Why aren't we rightly isolating the at risk and elderly until we can protect them and everyone else carry on as normal. Yes we will get a bad flu type illness, then if you have to go home for a few days rather than shut the economy down.

We don't shut down at winter to avoid colds or other things that won't kill you. If you aren't at risk but have to come into contact with those who are fine isolate but everyone else should keep going as normal.

This is showing what most knew about the country, its infested with drama queens, work dodgers and selfish c * nts that think their arse has a right to be wiped more than others.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Having traded through 9 11 and the 2008 crash they are tea parties compared to this. It is 100 x worse

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Depends on how you value money and life I suppose. The virus should come and go within 18 months the devasation of the worldwide economy will be felt for decades. I do feel however this is a defining moment for mankind, a reality check it cannot continue as it is which in the longer term may be the best thing to come of it and might bring people and nations closer together, who knows ? We can only hope

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Depends on how you value money and life I suppose. The virus should come and go within 18 months the devasation of the worldwide economy will be felt for decades

Just saying yes protect the at risk but we are playing with financial armageddon that could put this into small fry category. Just cant see why we don't protect and try to shield the at risk and make everyone else carry on as normal because the fall out from this could be far far worse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depends on how you value money and life I suppose. The virus should come and go within 18 months the devasation of the worldwide economy will be felt for decades. I do feel however this is a defining moment for mankind, a reality check it cannot continue as it is which in the longer term may be the best thing to come of and might bring people and nations closer together, who knows ? We can only hope

My son was just saying how good all the support Sunak has just announced is...................wasn't so pleased when I told him he'd be paying for it for the next 30 years

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My son was just saying how good all the support Sunak has just announced is...................wasn't so pleased when I told him he'd be paying for it for the next 30 years

Correct it is all borrowed not just magically been found down the side of the sofa. Having said that I have been very impressed with Rishi

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is the impending financial crash going to be worse than the Virus?

Carry on as we are and more jobs will be lost adding to an already under strain welfare system. Companies will be paying a fraction if any into an already empty tax pot. If we recover carrying on like these prices will go through the roof as companies try and recover losses, services will be slashed as there won't be any money to spend and tax will be huge for those left paying it to try and fill the black hole. Less police more crime and in the worst case anarchy, but at least Covid will have ****ed off.

Why aren't we rightly isolating the at risk and elderly until we can protect them and everyone else carry on as normal. Yes we will get a bad flu type illness, then if you have to go home for a few days rather than shut the economy down.

We don't shut down at winter to avoid colds or other things that won't kill you. If you aren't at risk but have to come into contact with those who are fine isolate but everyone else should keep going as normal.

This is showing what most knew about the country, its infested with drama queens, work dodgers and selfish c * nts that think their arse has a right to be wiped more than others.

Yes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Magic money forest.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Correct it is all borrowed not just magically been found down the side of the sofa. Having said that I have been very impressed with Rishi

Agree doing a good job as is Borris who is in a impossible position.

Honestly think people should remember all these bail out loans and costs don't get paid from a magic pot of money. Anyone taking the p iss or thinking this is a chance to get some free time off needs a swift kick to the nuts along with the selfish **** next to him that striped the shelves down the local mini mart.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The modern, globally connected, shareholder-driven world has never faced anything like this. There are no safe-havens. Turn off the automated sell systems and mothball the markets for three months.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's a very difficult line to take right now that the panic over this will be far more devastating than the virus, but I have got a feeling that in a few weeks this will start to shift. I am extremely concerned that the tone of news reporting, the contextualising of this event (or lack of) and conflicting motivations within the media has been a contributing factor to our current dilemma that is not fully appreciated and addressed right now, or even questioned.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree with you about the financial consequences of all this... Measures are unprecedented in anybody's lifetime. .. However when you say

"Why aren't we rightly isolating the at risk and elderly until we can protect them and everyone else carry on as normal. Yes we will get a bad flu type illness, then if you have to go home for a few days rather than shut the economy down."

I am reading that nearly 40%of USAs hospitalized patients are aged 20 to 54.

Younger people are not invincible and they can pass it on...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree with you about the financial consequences of all this... Measures are unprecedented in anybody's lifetime. .. However when you say

"Why aren't we rightly isolating the at risk and elderly until we can protect them and everyone else carry on as normal. Yes we will get a bad flu type illness, then if you have to go home for a few days rather than shut the economy down."

I am reading that nearly 40%of USAs hospitalized patients are aged 20 to 54.

Younger people are not invincible and they can pass it on...

where did you read this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here