Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League managers ranked by who would be best in a fight: 2020 edition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly today's distraction thread

From Guardian journo Jonathan Liew:-

ETgoJKnXsAMWlgq.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon Ancelotti has a low centre of gravity and ONE big punch in him. If that lands, he’s decent. If not, he’s in trouble.

I would possibly have Potter lower. He looks like he’d do anything not to get in a fight to me.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think Farke would run off to smoke a spliff at the first sign of trouble. He wouldn't get involved definitely bottom half

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think Potter should be top. He’d analyse them and talk them out of it, while setting them on a worthwhile course for the rest of their lives.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mourinho’s position is completely variable based on whether underhanded tactics can be employed.

If concealed weapons/traps can be used then he’s comfortably number 1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd put Wilder top. I think he's a genuine mentalist.

Potter, bottom three for me. It's a fight, not a visit from Social Services.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I think Potter should be top. He’d analyse them and talk them out of it, while setting them on a worthwhile course for the rest of their lives.

I think Potter is probably harder than he looks given the way he off-hired the tenetious little Romanian pikey and his nut-job Froggy mate so quickly, or else he just set his wee Jocko bulldog on them, and he is just another Harry Grout.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pearson is up there with the Kray Twins, deservedly top and could only have been challenged if Duncan Ferguson had kept his job at Everton. I'd pay good money to watch a fight between those two

OGS bottom, had to laugh

Potter would be nailed on for relegation imo though

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
."....Pearson is up there with the Kray Twins, deservedly top and could only have been challenged if Duncan Ferguson....."

Forgot about Ferguson being still on their books. That screwball sort of lifts Ancellotti into 'Capo' territory.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Moyes is too low. For crying out loud, he's a Glaswegian - he's top 3

But Pearson is deffo top

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Eddie Howe at EIGHT?

**** off

This. Smug Eddie is definitely the kid who got beaten up at school every day for sneakily grassing on the bike shed smokers.

I'd put Wilder top. I think he's a genuine mentalist.

Potter, bottom three for me. It's a fight, not a visit from Social Services.

And this too. Wilder is nuts. And he's from SHEFFIELD. Pearson second, Dyche third. And, yep, Potter in the bottom three unless he was allowed the use of a scar, wand and owl.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think Moyes might be a bit low. He's a Weegie and has a bit of a wild stare about him...............and agree re Wilder. Hard as nails I reckon.
Smug would get battered by almost all of them.
Klopp is a bit of a lunatic
Bruce is too fat to fight
OGS below Woy is hilarious

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Forgot about Ferguson being still on their books. That screwball sort of lifts Ancellotti into 'Capo' territory.

I can see Ancellotti in a Godfather type role, not getting his own hands dirty just sending in his enforcer to keep everyone afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, the Arsenal manager ought to be up there. When he was at Everton, 'Our Tetta' was up there along with 'Yobo', and Arsenal's 'Robin Vans and Purses' as the three most villainous scouse players in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here