Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The NHS ..... our NHS

While idiots are panic buying and people are moaning about this that and the other.

While our massively overpaid and over rated footballers sit idle for months to come.

While teachers are now recognised as a vital service.

MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL please remember our absolutely incredible NHS service and everyone who works within it.

They are the front line of this war with its' invisible enemy about to storm the gates.

They will be our thin blue line fighting for us, working day and night, facing life and death choices, battling to save tens of thousand of lives.

Remember them, appreciate them and HELP THEM by following social distancing advice - this is no joke and our NHS staff are in for an incredibly tough time.

If you still don't know what they are about to go through, check out the various news reports from Northern Italy - it's horribly grim watching but it's on its way here very soon and it's our NHS who will be doing their best to save our lives.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Whilst there is rightly lots of praise for doctors, nurses, HCA's, Paramedics etc. please do not forget to remember the back office engine room of managers, admins, clerks, porters, maintenance, cleaners etc. who are having to be flexible and working their butts off covering for isolated colleagues, creating capacity, and keeping things going, performing above and beyond in these trying times. The front line Acute, Community and Primary care etc. services cannot perform without the incredible back-office support that they receive.

#I’m Proud to work in the NHS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People don't care.... 'I'm alright jack'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are these the same doctors and nurses called greedy in the Mail a few years ago, or have we recruited new ones since?

Hats off to all in the NHS.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hopefully this video will make people feel a bit guilty about stockpiling... watch video .. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urse-urges-public-stop-panic-buying-food.html

I doubt it. People (as a whole) are remarkably lacking in self awareness. Case in point, you’ve shared a link to a newspaper who has a history of attacking the NHS and backs a political party that has, over the years, attempted to dismantle and privatise it, whilst criminally underfunding it... :whistle:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My other half is in at 5.30am every day at the RSCH, until 4.30pm - running the radio-pharmacy labs (to provide nuclear isotopes used in scans) for patients all over the county.
She said something to me last night which really struck a chord at how brilliant our health workers are...and Im sure a lot of them think the same way. "I not particularly worried about myself, but I HAVE to make sure I keep my department open for all the hundreds of people we look after, & keep providing a service no matter what..."

From the porters, to the nurses, technicians, & surgeons...amazing, every single one of them.

#godblessnhsstaff

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They are incredible. I don't know how they do what they do normally let alone what they are about to have to cope with. Some of them must be actual angels.

I hope this is a turning point in how they are viewed and treated.

When, inevitably the NHS is over run and are struggling everyone needs to remember the individuals are doing everything they can.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are these the same doctors and nurses called greedy in the Mail a few years ago, or have we recruited new ones since?

Hats off to all in the NHS.

Not forgetting the 'unskilled' carers and cleaners. Now they are frontline workers with the medical staff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daughter has just messaged me - she has just come off a 15 hour night shift in her hospital (DME ward). Usually has a mix of low, medium and high dependency patients. The lows, and most of the mediums have already been discharged to create capacity - so the ward now contains 30 mostly high dependency patients (all elderly, most confused etc) merged from other wards - this has had a colossal knock-on effect on the staff as they obviously require a lot more care, The ward had also been moved to another part of the hospital (to one that had been mothballed) as the usual ward was being readied for CV patients (3 wards have been set aside out of 8), so nothing was where it usually is etc making the job even harder. Finally, her only other night shift colleague was an agency nurse who hadn't been on a GH ward for 5 years. She was due to finish at 7am, but couldn't as a patient unfortunately started to pass away at that point...................

They all need medals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s also worth mentioning teachers. They’ve had a battering from all and sundry over the past few years including some NSCers. If there’s some good to come out of Covid-19 it’s that we will now know the true value and worth of many public workers.

Cyclists can still go and **** themselves though :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are incredible. I don't know how they do what they do normally let alone what they are about to have to cope with. Some of them must be actual angels.

I hope this is a turning point in how they are viewed and treated.

When, inevitably the NHS is over run and are struggling everyone needs to remember the individuals are doing everything they can.

And a turning point for funding. This virus has really shone the light on how underfunded the NHS is.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst there is rightly lots of praise for doctors, nurses, HCA's, Paramedics etc. please do not forget to remember the back office engine room of managers, admins, clerks, porters, maintenance, cleaners etc. who are having to be flexible and working their butts off covering for isolated colleagues, creating capacity, and keeping things going, performing above and beyond in these trying times. The front line Acute, Community and Primary care etc. services cannot perform without the incredible back-office support that they receive.

#I’m Proud to work in the NHS

And NHS staff not working in hospitals who are on standby to go on to the front line. This includes one of my family members and I am worried.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And NHS staff not working in hospitals who are on standby to go on to the front line. This includes one of my family members and I am worried.

Indeed. I work in women’s refuges and safe houses, not for the NHS but next week we start extended shifts which are already 12.5 hours long as it is. It’s going to get tough.
Please spare a thought for the thousands of workers in all kinds of care and safeguarding roles across the U.K.
we can’t isolate or be with our families, we have to go to work.
And a huge thanks to frontline NHS, gonna get crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here