Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Suggested adaptations to improve popular TV competitions and game shows

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having caught up on a fair bit of telly recently, as well as being Chief Household Cook (yes that's C-O-O-K you cheeky blighter at the back), it crossed my mind that TV cookery comps could get even more tough with a bit of realism. I would suggest:

1) Best Home Cook - you have 5 hours to make a meal but three hours of it must be spent arguing with your boss on a conference call and all you can use is pasta, bog roll, cannellini beans and some very basic store cupboard ingredients including some dry spices you bought three years ago from Aldi during your exotic phase.

2) MasterChef - the cooking doesn't get tougher than this round. An invention challenge with three basic ingredients but you have to cook them after downing half a bottle of cheap Shiraz and with a dog and a couple of badly behaved toddlers harassing you.

Over to you. But it's certainly not limited to cuisine base knock outs. I'm sure NSC can improve quiz shows, reality shows and anything with a desperate gang of Z list "slebs" in,

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
A real life "Celebrity" Running Man based on the film with Arnie.

That would be fabulous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Top Gear:-

Title music

'In today's show we have parked outside this window the new Ferrari Loadsamoola'

Thank you for watching.

Closing credits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They could make the clues on 3-2-1 not quite so ridiculous.

Or make old 3-2-1 clues questions in Pointless. Three weeks solid of every couple scoring 200 in the opening round followed by someone related to Ted Rodgers getting a pointless answer.

Celebrity Bullseye where fat people from Barnsley try to win a caravan by throwing darts at a rotating board full of youtubers.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So that I don't get so frustrated not being able to get any of the questions let alone the answers on Only Connect, may I strongly suggest that Victoria Coren Mitchell presents the show topless.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Deal Or No Deal Express. No annoying Noel Edmonds. No annoying Banker contrivance. Sixteen people open their numbered boxes at the same time. Highest cash value wins. The end.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How about a 2020 version of The Golden Shot.
Instead of firing at apples, celebrities (insert your choice here) are crucifixed on a backdrop and you have to hit their belly buttons.
The winner goes through to the final when you have to break the string of a thong worn by a bent over Katie Price.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
How about a 2020 version of The Golden Shot.
Instead of firing at apples, celebrities (insert your choice here) are crucifixed on a backdrop and you have to hit their belly buttons.
The winner goes through to the final when you have to break the string of a thong worn by a bent over Katie Price.

The Golden Shit - Contestants have 24 hours to eat/drink as much as they can then whoever produces the greatest weight of fecal matter wins a Peugeot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here