Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Burgess Hill Municipal Tip - Heads Up.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I know a few of you live in the Burgess Hill area so I thought I'd post this to help.
I went to the tip yesterday. The queue was from before the security booth right round to the skips. Once in the queue, you can't do a u-turn. It took 45 minutes to get from the booth to the skips, stopping and starting. The reason being that they have blocked off every other marked parking bay and no staff are helping you unload your car which is normally the case with the friendly people there. They are all masked and gloved-up, keeping a distance from every one and keeping the public a distance from each other too. It's a surreal situation there. They really are taking things very seriously indeed. Well done to them.
All in all, if you're going there, give yourself loads of time and don't expect any help.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know a few of you live in the Burgess Hill area so I thought I'd post this to help.
I went to the tip yesterday. The queue was from before the security booth right round to the skips. Once in the queue, you can't do a u-turn. It took 45 minutes to get from the booth to the skips, stopping and starting. The reason being that they have blocked off every other marked parking bay and no staff are helping you unload your car which is normally the case with the friendly people there. They are all masked and gloved-up, keeping a distance from every one and keeping the public a distance from each other too. It's a surreal situation there. They really are taking things very seriously indeed. Well done to them.
All in all, if you're going there, give yourself loads of time and don't expect any help.

Similar at Cheltenham - only five cars at a time on site, so longish queue outside. Still quicker than Gloucester though, the worst organised and worst laid out tip in the country I should think! 45 minutes is not unusual there (that's why it's quicker to drive to Cheltenham than use my local tip!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve used that tip a few times over the years. Even on obscure midweek days, the queue can be horrendous snaking round the complex and down the road to near the burglars camp. The tips at Wilson Avenue, Old Shoreham Road, Lewes and Maresfield always more fast moving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking you were going to complain about providing proof of residency to be allowed in.

I got caught out a couple of months ago and had to go back home to get an addressed bill, in order to be allowed in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will tipping become the new hording?

Wife has an extensive list of "little jobs" for me for the weekend. Every single one will involve tipping the shit she bought because it was on offer on the internet.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Will tipping become the new hording?

Wife has an extensive list of "little jobs" for me for the weekend. Every single one will involve tipping the shit she bought because it was on offer on the internet.
Remember to take ID. West Sussex tips are now local tips for local people. We'll have no trouble here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Brighton council are saying if your bins or recycling are not picked up on the due dates they will not try and catch up - they will be double collecting next time round.
Methinks the queues at our recycling centres will grow over the coming weeks.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
My non car driving elderly parents disposed of an entire 3 seater sofa over the course of several weeks or months by breaking it up and putting a small piece or 2 into high street bins in town each time they went shopping. Who needs the tip?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

'Municipal Tip ' ???? How very DARE you ? It's a West Sussex Household Waste Recycling Site :lolol::lolol:

Don't blame them. They're usually excellent down there - really helpful. All this working from home is resulting in a lot of chores being done, obviously................

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Funny how the different tips have different staff..

Eastbourne : Their staff rule book is personally signed 'Best Wishes, A. Hitler'

Hailsham : Nice bunch. Don't take the p*ss and we won't get involved. I like that approach.

Heathfield : You could wheel in fifteen barrels of depleted uranium and they wouldn't give you a second look.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brighton council are saying if your bins or recycling are not picked up on the due dates they will not try and catch up - they will be double collecting next time round.
Methinks the queues at our recycling centres will grow over the coming weeks.

Is this Newspeak for once a fortnight on general waste and once a month for recycling?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

I use the tip in Wilson Ave, Brighton - you always need to allow plenty of time and I never expect anyone to help ( elf n safety).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I’ve used that tip a few times over the years. Even on obscure midweek days, the queue can be horrendous snaking round the complex and down the road to near the burglars camp. The tips at Wilson Avenue, Old Shoreham Road, Lewes and Maresfield always more fast moving.

I've been there recently on a few Tuesdays or Wednesdays around 3.00 pm. Never had to queue before. I live in Brighton so normally use Wilson Avenue, but I'm helping a friend do her garden in Burgess Hill. The staff at the BH tip are the most helpful ever. They've currently suspended the having to show I.D. for where you live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here