Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Base rate cut.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Glad my organisation skills are so poor as I was planning to fix by end of 2019 and failed miserably.

I'll use the spare cash for gambling on the Premier League.

Oh.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we end up with negative interest rates, do we pay the banks to look after our savings and they pay us to borrow money? ???

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If we end up with negative interest rates, do we pay the banks to look after our savings and they pay us to borrow money? ???

Yes/No.

Negative interest rates already apply to some Gilts, Germany for example. You get back less than you put in in exchange for the comfort of knowing it is safe.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good for borrowers..shitty for saving ..rates were pretty abysmal before ..what with the stock market crashing .. anyone co side ring buying an annuity now has an even more difficult decision to make

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hilarious listening to LBC for the last few weeks, loads of adverts for Hargreaves Lansdown pushing share ISA's and saying get your money working etc.... all these while daily the FTSE was sliding every hour.... also lots of adverts for Cruises of all things while the LBC news reported several cruise ships carrying people wit the virus were unable to dock ! Recently, lots of adverts have dried up to the extent that 30% of the adverts now are for TFL about, emissions, new 20 mph speed limits and bridge closures.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Hilarious listening to LBC for the last few weeks, loads of adverts for Hargreaves Lansdown pushing share ISA's and saying get your money working etc.... all these while daily the FTSE was sliding every hour.... also lots of adverts for Cruises of all things while the LBC news reported several cruise ships carrying people wit the virus were unable to dock ! Recently, lots of adverts have dried up to the extent that 30% of the adverts now are for TFL about, emissions, new 20 mph speed limits and bridge closures.

Investing in a share ISA before 6 April might be a very astute thing to do. On the other hand ...................

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Investing in a share ISA before 6 April might be a very astute thing to do. On the other hand ...................

Best to wait until we see some light at the end of the tunnel.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Great for anyone who has saved some money.

Also what has happened to the pound!

My UK pensions are paid in sterling but cannot transfer it here at €1.06 !

Was waiting for €1.20 :(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’s loads of stuff like that eg betting companies. Tied to pre existing advertising contracts?

Funny thing about HL is that many savvy small investors are chomping at the bit ready to invest at these hugely discounted share prices. Bottoming out, all possible future bad news taken into account, often occurs before the worst real life events.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For some of us to tell our kids interest rates were once 15% they would proclaim we are insane

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am seriously thinking about remortgaging my house here.

Currently have no mortgage but with rates here and what’s happened to equities, I might just bung it in to Fundsmith....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here