Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Where can I buy some Hens?

I like eggs.

So I thought a few hens in the garden would be a good idea so I can leave the hordes behind at the supermarket.

I found a few places who had them last week so I ordered a chicken coop, which has now arrived. But there are no hens left, anywhere as far as aI know

So if you know of anyone who is looking to find a new home for 3 or 4 hens, please let me know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Henfield.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I like eggs.

So I thought a few hens in the garden would be a good idea so I can leave the hordes behind at the supermarket.

I found a few places who had them last week so I ordered a chicken coop, which has now arrived. But there are no hens left, anywhere as far as aI know

So if you know of anyone who is looking to find a new home for 3 or 4 hens, please let me know.
You could ring the Rescue type animal charities, have seen ads from time to time for older Hens, who still lay but are " Less Productive " for the farms so they normally get rid.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You could ring the Rescue type animal charities, have seen ads from time to time for older Hens, who still lay but are " Less Productive " for the farms so they normally get rid.

.... and they look awful when you first see them but before you know it they look fabulous and happy hens!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
.... and they look awful when you first see them but before you know it they look fabulous and happy hens!

Yes, heard they are marvellous to have due to their personalities too, there was an interview where someone asked if they could keep Chickens as they already had a Cat, they were told that if a cat goes for a Chicken all the others pile in on the Cat ! apparently the Cat soon gets the message !

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
This guy should be able to source some for you.....

25F736E5-472E-4088-B8CD-886FA660AB87.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here