Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 'My KFC Career Started Today' aka 'The Wedding Zinger'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If this doesn't cheer you up, nothing will. Possibly the funniest set of threads never to make it into NSC Gold.

For the uninitiated, this is an epic tale of Drama! Romance! Intrigue! Mini fillets! featuring erstwhile NSC legend Kev The Ape, and documents his short but explosive career at KFC in Hove. This magnificent volume comes in, if memory serves, five or six chapters, with a stupendous accompanying bonus story book at the end.

If you've got a bit of time on your hands (and let's face it who doesn't now) would be grand if someone could track down and post below - in sequential order please! - links to the complete works for the enjoyment of all.

Here's Chapter 1 to get you started

Chapter 1: My KFC Career Started Today

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?83188-My-KFC-Career-Started-Today

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
kev was a very good value poster

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
These threads are what got me hooked by NSC originally.

Marvellous scenes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody able to track down Chapter 3? I've got Chapter 4 good to go, courtesy of google, but don't want to post the link out of sequence. If the NSC search facility was worth a shit, it'd take me a matter of seconds. But it's not. If anybody can be arsed to do the hard graft of drilling down into August 2006 and digging out Chapter 3, then that would be most excelente. Cheers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, it's like trying to piece together the Dead Sea Scrolls, trying to dig this out of the archives, but here's what I've managed to unearth since yesterday:

Chapter 4: Wedding Zinger Part Four (Rather Short)

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?84301-Wedding-Zinger-Part-Four-(Rather-Short)

Chapter 6: Wedding Zinger Part Six (The End)

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?84553-Wedding-Zinger-Part-Six-(The-End)

Which leaves only Parts Three and Five to be rediscovered. Plus the holy grail that is the special bonus feature, of which I can only find an oblique reference to 'Four Men And The Mayonnaise Mystery'

Further news as it happens

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've read 1 and 2, I'm gagging for 3, anyone found it? :)

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ladeez & Gentlemen, it is with enormous pleasure that I can now announce that the search is over! We have the complete works, courtesy of Google and the wonderful efforts of [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] whose thought patterns appear to have been running along the same lines as mine, some dozen years ago.

May I present for your delectation...

Take an enormous BOW [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] :clap: :bowdown:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ladeez & Gentlemen, it is with enormous pleasure that I can now announce that the search is over! We have the complete works, courtesy of Google and the wonderful efforts of [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] whose thought patterns appear to have been running along the same lines as mine, some dozen years ago.

May I present for your delectation...

Take an enormous BOW [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] :clap: :bowdown:

For your next mission can you find Kev and his Mums trip to Falmer Village Pond which pre dated the KFC ones I'm sure but were just as good

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For your next mission can you find Kev and his Mums trip to Falmer Village Pond which pre dated the KFC ones I'm sure but were just as good

That one is my personal favourite.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Saving all this for lock down
Fair enough. Tho in true Amazon style, here's a sneaky peak taster from Chapter 1...

'Got up at 6:50 in the morning, watched a few programmes feeling rather nervous, but the cup of tea I had was nice warmed the cockles some what. Left for my new KFC career at 9:30, had a trip into Boundary road as where I'm situated obvious, went into Woolworths just to check my nerves, had a peak down the toy department but then I decided I better get in there.

I went into the unknown at aprroximately 9:55 AM, walked through the door and I was greeted with we are not open yet! I said I was here for my induction, so I walked up the counter still quite nervous and I asked to see the manager, he then saw me and then took me to the staff room to watch some videos on health & safety etc.

Feeling like a prat started to watch the first video when a women who is 19 and from Poland called Megan wandered in and sat next to me, we got on like a house on fire even though she has a boyfriend of three years, (Please don't ask me to say her name in Polish because I don't have a clue on how to pronounce it).

So I sitting next to Maggie as she called herself, we started chating and was watching videos together. (not Polish sexual videos) just work related videos.'

You truly, madly, deeply could not make this shit up. Kev, whether he ever knew it or not, was one of the funniest writers of his, or probably ANY generation :bowdown: :lolol:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
"not Polish sexual videos"

gets me every time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here