Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only in America: Panic-Buying Guns?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Well, if you're to be quarantined for 4 months you can never tell how many guns and how much ammo you'll need. Better to be safe.....

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
That would be a bit unfair. What if you're a couple with 3 children? One of them isn't going to get a gun.

I'd say leave a gun in between two of them and then it is survival of the fittest, that way they are also home schooling them by using Darwinism in action, but that lesson will probably be lost on them as they probably don't believe in evolution. It also then relieves the burden of having an extra mouth to feed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's so they can help Trump kill the C--hin-a Virus when it comes knocking

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sooner or later they're going to come boiling out of the inner cities to get our hand sanitizer and toilet paper.

One must be ready...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw that on the news last night. Basically:

"Why are you buying a gun?"
"Because someone might try and break in to my home and steal my food."

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Simpsons did it.

BF75E0C6-2238-4255-BD7C-576E54B1CED2.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There were at least 2 people who used to post on NSC (one was something Biggums) who have advocated arming the public because it is both safer, since other people with guns will think twice about shooting you, and fairer, since you now have a gun like other people with guns.

The fact that I think there is a tiny flaw in that reasoning, whereas they see it as a statement of the bleeding obvious is why I have these folk on ingnore. There is enough in this world we don't know about to keep us occupied - why even bother engaging with the twisted brain-wrong of one-off man-mentals? ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it last a long time and people get all kinds of desperate... this shit is going to turn into a big fat problem.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A documentary program out here called 60 Minutes had a segment on Ghost Guns. They are sent out by post in pieces and assembled at home. The point they were making is that because they are put together by the owner they can legally bypass background checks and owner registration. Some States have passed laws restricting ghost guns which, of course, the NRA is challenging. In the current climate sales of these guns are going through the roof.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Plenty of this being lapped up.

AE124AE1-16CA-4A17-8C72-1C93A2D02BDC.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A documentary program out here called 60 Minutes had a segment on Ghost Guns. They are sent out by post in pieces and assembled at home. The point they were making is that because they are put together by the owner they can legally bypass background checks and owner registration. Some States have passed laws restricting ghost guns which, of course, the NRA is challenging. In the current climate sales of these guns are going through the roof.

Marvellous, would love it all to end up like the closing scenes in Taxi Driver or Reservoir Dogs where everybody gets shot, I'm really lacking any sympathy for Americans with guns.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here