Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hows Your Head?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think I'm going soft. Just watched the BBC feature on Captain Tom completing his 100 laps of the garden, and they showed lots of clips to him of people thanking and praising him. Then they had Michael Ball sing YNWA (normally hate that song) and old Tom was singing along with him, and I ended up balling my eyes out.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think I'm going soft. Just watched the BBC feature on Captain Tom completing his 100 laps of the garden, and they showed lots of clips to him of people thanking and praising him. Then they had Michael Ball sing YNWA (normally hate that song) and old Tom was singing along with him, and I ended up balling my eyes out.

Same here

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Me too, had to turn the sound down as I was in bits

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I've found it here. It's about 14 minutes in. :cry:

Hastings Museum and Art Gallery are asking local people to keep a daily journal of life in lock down.

I live in Brighton, but have been doing this anyway .... it's a dull, repetitive read, but writing, drawing, reading and going for a walk round the park is keeping me sane (I hope?!)

Yesterday I chatted to THREE people ... that felt WEIRD :down:

Oh and NSC of course

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hastings Museum and Art Gallery are asking local people to keep a daily journal of life in lock down.

I live in Brighton, but have been doing this anyway .... it's a dull, repetitive read, but writing, drawing, reading and going for a walk round the park is keeping me sane (I hope?!)

Yesterday I chatted to THREE people ... that felt WEIRD :down:

Oh and NSC of course

Thanks for that. I'm finally picking it up and being eased into WFH. The enforced break did me some good in retrospect and I'm tentatively looking forward to it, as more will be coming my way work wise next week. I'm speaking to colleagues again and I've got some video meetings to attend tomorrow. Slowly, slowly into the new normal.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My head is a bit shot today. I have dropped my wife off at the hospital for her final chemotherapy cycle. Normally I would sit with her for the 6 or so hours it takes, but haven’t been allowed to attend the last couple.

This should, under normal circumstances, be cause for celebration, unfortunately it just opens up more worries for the future.

At times I wish I was a hedgehog and could curl into a ball and protect us all - apart obviously from that ****ing great juggernaut hurtling towards us!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My head is a bit shot today. I have dropped my wife off at the hospital for her final chemotherapy cycle. Normally I would sit with her for the 6 or so hours it takes, but haven’t been allowed to attend the last couple.

This should, under normal circumstances, be cause for celebration, unfortunately it just opens up more worries for the future.

At times I wish I was a hedgehog and could curl into a ball and protect us all - apart obviously from that ****ing great juggernaut hurtling towards us!

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I reckon there's going to be some health issues when lockdown ends. I know someone who has been WFH for 2 months and now hates going outside! :down:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
How is every doing today? Not ashamed to admit that I've been struggling these last few days, complete lack of desire to do anything as I don't really see the point, not because I can get it done tomorrow, I just don't see the point in any of it at the moment.

It's affecting my relationship with my wife and I have absolutely no doubt that it's affecting my children as well. Our daughter is just over 3 months old and I've barely held her since she came home, it's a running joke that I'm alloted 5 minutes of cuddles with her a day and to be honest, sometimes she is lucky to get that much.

Life just feels like it's one long stretch of misery interspersed with very brief moments of joy brought on by the kids, before the misery continues. I'm just getting through each day until the point I pass out on the sofa before another day I can barely face starts again.

Hope you're doing a bit better.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How is every doing today? Not ashamed to admit that I've been struggling these last few days, complete lack of desire to do anything as I don't really see the point, not because I can get it done tomorrow, I just don't see the point in any of it at the moment.

It's affecting my relationship with my wife and I have absolutely no doubt that it's affecting my children as well. Our daughter is just over 3 months old and I've barely held her since she came home, it's a running joke that I'm alloted 5 minutes of cuddles with her a day and to be honest, sometimes she is lucky to get that much.

Life just feels like it's one long stretch of misery interspersed with very brief moments of joy brought on by the kids, before the misery continues. I'm just getting through each day until the point I pass out on the sofa before another day I can barely face starts again.

Major respect. You're not alone.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

There is help out there if you think it would help. Just having someone to talk to from outside your family bubble is sometimes a help...

These guys may be of use to you, if you can face doing it...

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/if-youre-having-difficult-time/

They are there to listen, whatever your problem...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here