Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today's NSC Distraction game - FA Cup 1987

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Horse Racing yesterday was too disjointed and reliant on people being able to check regularly (Including me). So today, I am going with a game where you just need to sign up and can then watch the drama unfold through the thread whenever you get chance. I present FA Cup 1987 on the Commodore 64.

fa cup.png

There are a maximum of 8 players although I guess you could go joint manager with someone else to increase the intrigue. I will let the game randomly assign you teams - I believe you get 10 each according to an advert I found. The game starts at Round 1 and you get a full draw - I guess you want fewer teams in Round 1 meaning you have more top 2 division teams starting in Round 3.

After the draw, the games are played Soccer Saturday style with a ticking clock and scores updating as goals go in. 1987 rules so replays galore. The final has Abide With Me and a picture of Wembley and also asks a few random questions which boost or damage your team - to ensure fairness and timeliness, I will pick the first multiple choice option for everyone.

Hopefully a fun way to while away an hour or so at your leisure. If you could avoid massive spoilers in the comments then that would help people watch the videos at their own pace (Just avoid WELL DONE LIVERPOOL) straight after the final video is posted for example - other banter and abuse is fine as long as it isn't giving away too much for those coming later.

If you want in, post below. I need two initials to represent your teams (They appear next to your teams in the draw and the game so you can keep an eye on your teams) and one of the 3 formations from the picture above (Just A, B or C please). This formation will have to apply to all of your teams as we would be here until Christmas if I ask for every formation for every team for every round.

Once we have enough players, I will record the whole game and chop it up into Draw/Game chunks for each round. May well go into tomorrow depending on how busy I am work wise but that is the beauty of a game where I just need your input at sign up. If we get more than 8 players then the first 8 will get their initials and formations and subsequent players will be drawn at random to partner up with one of the managers to give you a stake in the game. Bear in mind when you are allocated your teams that it is the 1987 version so Wimbledon good, Brighton bad!

Here are a couple more screenshots to show you what to expect.

fa cup 2.png

fa cup 3.png

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Tell you what, I will also allow you one extra user defined team if you would like. They will start in Round 1 and be a minnow so up to you if you want to risk the chance of getting a bigger team randomly then don't have one. I think the name has to be a maximum of 10 characters and please keep it cleanish. I can assign that team to you and allow the game to pick your others at random. Only applies to the first 8 players though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Still 4 more places till I start recording and then a fair while after that to get on board so let's be having you. Literally all you need to do is give me some initials and a letter and then watch some videos later to see how you got on.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nearly there - just going for an hour outside to clear the cabin fever and will start recording this afternoon so sign up soon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK - last call before I get started in a few minutes

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That is our 8. Anyone from now on will get assigned assistant manager at random to someone else. Will post the first round draw a little bit later - after I have played the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here