Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ripple Effect

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
This will probably fall largely on deaf ears, and I expect to get a fair amount of flaming. But I think it needs to said.

If you see anything today that you think you need to tell others, be it verbally or on social media, NSC etc do it but only say what you see. Don't speculate or exaggerate, just report fact.

If you see a convoy of army vehicles, and you feel others would find that interesting, go ahead and tell them. But don't add speculation as to what you think that could mean. And if it was 4 vehicles, report it as 4; don't exaggerate the number. Also, think before saying or posting at all, because even if you don't speculate or exaggerate, others will. The reality of 4 vehicles will probably be 'hundreds of vehicles' by the end of the day :mad:

Why is this important? Because it's this type of communication that causes panic. Your seemingly harmful post may cause someone who reads to it to worry and panic all day. Or worse! By post 10 it may be have escalated to a fully enforced lockdown, which someone reads and then goes to the supermarket and sees nothing but empty shelves. They then get seriously concerned about how they will feed their family in the lockdown that they are now convinced will happen, and they become depressed. All because of a post that reported speculation as fact.

Things will no doubt get worse. Lockdown may well happen. Hoarding will probably continue. But please think before you speak or type anything other than facts. Will you not making that comment or post change the world? No, it won't. But it may cause one person to have a slightly less anxious day.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I knew I should have posted what I saw earlier. Prince Phillip dressed in combat gear at Waterhall, covering his Chemtrail T-Shirt whilst munching on Ibuprofen. 93 tanks turned up full of toilet paper. Then he french kissed a 103 year old Chinese woman and left.

Guess I can't tell anyone now. :down:

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I knew I should have posted what I saw earlier. Prince Phillip dressed in combat gear at Waterhall, covering his Chemtrail T-Shirt whilst munching on Ibuprofen. 93 tanks turned up full of toilet paper. Then he french kissed a 103 year old Chinese woman and left.

Guess I can't tell anyone now. :down:

Don't keep that quiet FFS :rant: It's a FACT! Tell the world :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fish will start telling human jokes for no particular reason , on a side note what item , not food or household cleaner type thing , is now the worldwide number one seller comparative to it's sales figures from this time last year .

its-alive-gif-6.gif

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
On the plus side, when some teenager uploads a silly video to YouTube and everybody looks at it, we are unlikely to hear the irritating expression "it went viral" again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This will probably fall largely on deaf ears, and I expect to get a fair amount of flaming. But I think it needs to said.

If you see anything today that you think you need to tell others, be it verbally or on social media, NSC etc do it but only say what you see. Don't speculate or exaggerate, just report fact.

If you see a convoy of army vehicles, and you feel others would find that interesting, go ahead and tell them. But don't add speculation as to what you think that could mean. And if it was 4 vehicles, report it as 4; don't exaggerate the number. Also, think before saying or posting at all, because even if you don't speculate or exaggerate, others will. The reality of 4 vehicles will probably be 'hundreds of vehicles' by the end of the day :mad:

Why is this important? Because it's this type of communication that causes panic. Your seemingly harmful post may cause someone who reads to it to worry and panic all day. Or worse! By post 10 it may be have escalated to a fully enforced lockdown, which someone reads and then goes to the supermarket and sees nothing but empty shelves. They then get seriously concerned about how they will feed their family in the lockdown that they are now convinced will happen, and they become depressed. All because of a post that reported speculation as fact.

Things will no doubt get worse. Lockdown may well happen. Hoarding will probably continue. But please think before you speak or type anything other than facts. Will you not making that comment or post change the world? No, it won't. But it may cause one person to have a slightly less anxious day.

Think this is good advice. So good it should be made compulsory for the mainstream media in fact. As is always the case, the images selected for publication are chosen to reflect the slant of the story. Under normal circumstances this often doesn't matter. But this is different. Show empty shelves, get more empty shelves. Show supermarket queues, get more supermarket queues. Mainstream media could really do with trying to tone things down a bit IMHO

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Think this is good advice. So good it should be made compulsory for the mainstream media in fact. As is always the case, the images selected for publication are chosen to reflect the slant of the story. Under normal circumstances this often doesn't matter. But this is different. Show empty shelves, get more empty shelves. Show supermarket queues, get more supermarket queues. Mainstream media could really do with trying to tone things down a bit IMHO

I read one story the other day in the Mirror that was this whole “they wouldn’t test me” “my child caught” drama, which when boiled down was essentially a mother and child caught Coronavirus and then got better. There was no story but loads of people will have read it and thought oh my god that’s so scary.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I read one story the other day in the Mirror that was this whole “they wouldn’t test me” “my child caught” drama, which when boiled down was essentially a mother and child caught Coronavirus and then got better. There was no story but loads of people will have read it and thought oh my god that’s so scary.

Which is precisely what they want as it sells more papers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] could ban people for posting scare mongering, like the moderators did for someone pretending it was foggy on a match day.
Especially when the pictures of the four army vehicles wasn't even in Britain.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Agree. The media has morphed into NSC.

Radio 5 is unlistenable. Today they have somebody who 'used to' have some role in goverment, fielding questions in a radio phone in. 'Will it help if I put a paper bag over my head*?'. During the news a major item was that 'Watford captain, Troy Deeney, and Bournmouth manager, Eddie How, both have stated the season should resume when it is possible to do so'. Who cares what they think? I want to know what Johnny Wark, former Ipswich star, thinks!

*In the interests of accuracy, I made that bit up. But it will happen**.

**No it wont. Fact.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] could ban people for posting scare mongering, like the moderators did for someone pretending it was foggy on a match day.
Especially when the pictures of the four army vehicles wasn't even in Britain.

The problem with that is today's "scaremongering" could well become tomorrow's reality

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People speculate and spread rumours all day long and then when you get to the PM’s public address at 5pm, you get some facts but so far; no lockdown, no vast death toll, schools closing but open for key workers kids ( very sensible, schools are safe places), etc.
They haven’t even enforced lockdown for over 70’s. I’ve still got friends dithering about whether to isolate their elderly parents “it just seems so mean”. Jesus.

What goes on in people’s minds is far from reality. I tune in for PM’s update and World at One. No need for more .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I suppose this also includes theories (or speculation as you call it) that could lessen the sense of danger and thus make people less careful?

Either way this needs to be enforced if its going to happen since people dont speculate (theorize) out of joy but because of the urge - the need - to express thoughts regardless if they are considered facts by the Truth Ministry or not.

This "rule" would mean we cant talk about possible development of the pandemic, possible cures, possible dates for vaccines and so on, since all of this is speculative at this point. The only talk we could have about it is personal experiences and numbers of dead (numbers of infected is a no-no since we dont have facts though I guess "confirmed cases" would be alright).

I see that many believes your idea to be a good one just like the idea of working out every day is a good one, but its pretty difficult to see it happen in reality unless mods really enforce it. "Only facts" means that if someone asks "Hi I was thinking about licking every door knob in the city, you think thats a good idea?" it would be impossible to answer since there is (likely) no scientific study about what factually happens to you if you do.

Granted, perhaps it would be nice with a "Coronavirus - FACTS ONLY" thread or a "Coronavirus - wild speculation" thread but bf Im not sure what difference it would make when so much at this point is unknown and a lot of "facts" contradict eachother.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suppose this also includes theories (or speculation as you call it) that could lessen the sense of danger and thus make people less careful?

Either way this needs to be enforced if its going to happen since people dont speculate (theorize) out of joy but because of the urge - the need - to express thoughts regardless if they are considered facts by the Truth Ministry or not.

This "rule" would mean we cant talk about possible development of the pandemic, possible cures, possible dates for vaccines and so on, since all of this is speculative at this point. The only talk we could have about it is personal experiences and numbers of dead (numbers of infected is a no-no since we dont have facts though I guess "confirmed cases" would be alright).

I see that many believes your idea to be a good one just like the idea of working out every day is a good one, but its pretty difficult to see it happen in reality unless mods really enforce it. "Only facts" means that if someone asks "Hi I was thinking about licking every door knob in the city, you think thats a good idea?" it would be impossible to answer since there is (likely) no scientific study about what factually happens to you if you do.

Granted, perhaps it would be nice with a "Coronavirus - FACTS ONLY" thread or a "Coronavirus - wild speculation" thread but bf Im not sure what difference it would make when so much at this point is unknown and a lot of "facts" contradict eachother.

WTF :shrug:

I think this deserves a verse of Ppf's Brexit song

You're on your way, you're on your way
How will you get there?
You don't know
Where are you going?
No idea
All you know is that you're on your way

Because you are certainly 'on your way' (and very possibly over half way there already, but it's hard to be sure)

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here