Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The quality of life

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The quality of life

I get all the impositions of life at the moment but I worry the government has lost sight of the meaning and purpose of life, It is not simply to stay in for months on end scared of a virus. It is to LIVE, be free and enjoy. This is their big issue. There comes a tipping point when it is not about digging in for months and years on end but actually living a life. More so for over 70s imo and there will come a point people will just take their chances

That is the real challenge they have

Quality of life

That is what I do. Make calculated decsions but not terrified of living or what is the point ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is being done is to conserve life so you can have the quality at a later date

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is being done is to conserve life so you can have the quality at a later date

What if you are 85 and quite happy with the innings you had ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Then at that age you probably do not do that much, what is the issue you want everyone to ignore advice ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It will be called selfish by many, especially on here, but some elderly people with limited natural time left on this planet will not want to spend months indoors watching repeats of Homes Under the frickin’ Hammer.

Not selfish but being ok when your time is up and not terrified of life

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Politically it's interesting in that we have a government who's natural philosophy is 'hands off' 'deregulatory' governing.
So to see them having to make choices that curtail personal liberty is quite a thing and unlike anything they could have dreamed they'd be doing.

On a brighter note I painted my shed and half my back fence. And there were lambs being born in the field at the back of my house as I worked. Smashing times.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’m starting to think there are a lot of selfish people about, and not just the ones who buy up everything in the supermarkets, but also the “I’ve had a good innings”, “the Luftwaffe couldn’t finish me off, so this bloody virus won’t “ brigade.

So you’ve had a good innings, well I’d like to have one too, so ****ing stay indoors like you’ve been (going to be) told...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Politically it's interesting in that we have a government who's natural philosophy is 'hands off' 'deregulatory' governing.
So to see them having to make choices that curtail personal liberty is quite a thing and unlike anything they could have dreamed they'd be doing.

It is an incredibly tough decision to restrict movement where we have always had freedom of movement

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The next couple of months will be shit, but there’s always a chance this will peak and fade by early June, be held in abeyance by the summer (apparently the virus has a thin membrane that dislikes heat) and by the time the second wave comes, preexisting drugs will be used to cure a lot of the more serious cases. And testing could well show that up to 75% of people will have had the virus and built up antibodies against it without even knowing they had it. Instant herd immunity at least for a few months.

An actual vaccine may be 18-24 months away, but that doesn’t mean that the world will be living like this for that long.

None of this is my personal opinion; it’s taken from various virologists.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There are many millions of people in the age risk groups who will survive this, through a few months of boredom and self imposed isolation. Then hopefully receive the vaccine and enjoy many years of living after that.

My parents are in their early 80’s and want to live, they enjoy the small things in life, like visiting coffee shops, watching some TV, gardening, seeing family. For their sake, I hope they have many more years of that to come.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the words of someone a lot more intelligent than me,

Is it better to live dying, or to die living.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I do kind of understand where you are coming from, my nan is 84 and trying to tell her she can’t go on her trips to bingo and the shops is quite difficult I must say, it’s not morbid to say at 84 you don’t know how much time you have and 6 months at 84 is very valuable

It’s tricky one, I must be honest I fear for people’s mental health I myself am finding not working, being at home a lot not being able to go to the gym ect very tough mentally and I’m in my mid twenties so I can’t imagine how the elderly feel.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I'm staying in to help save the lives of those vulnerable. I'd hope those would show respect in return and do what's best for them regardless of how long it takes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it was guaranteed that ""only"" 100-300k in a country the size of yours would die from this, I would agree that measures of this degree were debatable.

However in this extraordinary scenario that is happening... if 80% of the population got this virus in a very short while - say another month or two - MILLIONS of people would likely die from it just in the UK. While I hope some type of system is put together for the oldest and the youngest so they are not entirely locked up for months, the measure of... removing freedom is temporarily necessary.

When this pandemic is over we're gonna need to put an extra eye on our governments though, making sure they dont abuse their new powers and skills in harmful ways.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it was guaranteed that ""only"" 100-300k in a country the size of yours would die from this, I would agree that measures of this degree were debatable.

However in this extraordinary scenario that is happening... if 80% of the population got this virus in a very short while - say another month or two - MILLIONS of people would likely die from it just in the UK. While I hope some type of system is put together for the oldest and the youngest so they are not entirely locked up for months, the measure of... removing freedom is temporarily necessary.

When this pandemic is over we're gonna need to put an extra eye on our governments though, making sure they dont abuse their new powers and skills in harmful ways.

Your medical knowledge is totally wrong and millions would not die, for the love of christ **** off as NSC was positively a better place till you came along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here