Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone managed to cancel / cashout a bet on relegation?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Asking for a friend.

I don’t have the option to cash out in BetStars.

Yes not urgent.. but for those of us who have a bet running it needs to be sorted.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would expect any wagers would be returned when the season is eventually voided

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not looked. Am expecting the season to resume at some point, whence (cracking word, that) my focus will be on Staying Up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve got 4 longer term football bets going with long established online bookies, at longish odds on ‘outrights’ that may well happen .... if the PL season and CL completes. If they get curtailed, I’ll get the stakes back, so no loss. In no hurry to cash in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey you’re optimistic.

When do you expect a global pandemic like this to go away? Because there’s no chance elite players will play until it’s safe.

I will have a better idea at the end of next week. But I am 110% confident they will not just bin the whole of this season. The risk-averse attitude of the players will be the same whether we resume this season or start another - in either scenario, playing football is the thing. I presume you are not suggesting football will never be played ever again? ??? So we will resume this season when football resumes.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If the season does not resume I have been offered my original stake back. Considerably less than what I would have got for survival, but could use again for next season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I will have a better idea at the end of next week. But I am 110% confident they will not just bin the whole of this season. The risk-averse attitude of the players will be the same whether we resume this season or start another - in either scenario, playing football is the thing. I presume you are not suggesting football will never be played ever again? ??? So we will resume this season when football resumes.

I can see them cancelling the season honestly.

Unless this thing completely blows over soon, it’s gonna be logistically impossible to postpone the next season much further.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Our players aren’t even training at the moment, just keeping fit at home. I can’t see this season resuming.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our players aren’t even training at the moment, just keeping fit at home. I can’t see this season resuming.

I seem to be mising something here. First can we agree that football will happen again. There will be football again. The alternative is that the PL and EFL are abandoned, and people like Tossard goes back to making chocolate in Belgium. Possible, I agree, but unlikely.

In the event that football happens again, we could start brand new leagues, or we could start the last season all over again as if it never happened.

Or we could pick up and cary on and fibish the season.

My money is on the latter, but I could of course be wrong. Either way, the fact that players are not in full training at the moment doesn't seem to be relevant. What am I missing here?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to be mising something here. First can we agree that football will happen again. There will be football again. The alternative is that the PL and EFL are abandoned, and people like Tossard goes back to making chocolate in Belgium. Possible, I agree, but unlikely.

In the event that football happens again, we could start brand new leagues, or we could start the last season all over again as if it never happened.

Or we could pick up and cary on and fibish the season.

My money is on the latter, but I could of course be wrong. Either way, the fact that players are not in full training at the moment doesn't seem to be relevant. What am I missing here?

Nobody knows at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Pretty sure the announcement that the Euros were being put back a year included words to the effect that this would allow the current season to be completed. Makes sense, even if currently the timescales for completing this season will doubtless have an impact on the timescales for next season, if we even have one

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have money on Stevenage to be promoted, think I will let that bet ride out!

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I think that the current season will resume at some point, whether that be weeks or months. I think the PL will give four weeks’ advance notice of the recommencement date. The format of next season will depend upon the date that the current season ends. The format of next season’s European competitions will change, as they cannot commit to starting qualifying rounds in July.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
my prediction fwiw is behind closed doors with all games on TV. Will at least make me feel a little sane.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
my prediction fwiw is behind closed doors with all games on TV. Will at least make me feel a little sane.
Because of the loss of home advantage in relegation head to heads, they'd pretty much have to say no relegation this season as well in that situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here