Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waterhall - Coronavirus - warning to any other scaremongering trolls

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve seen a recent tweet which says the military will be called upon to help, such as the medics, transport for oxygen etc and helping the prison service, and border force.

That’s a long way from lockdown and martial law that the gossip mongers are spreading rumours about.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
They’ll most likely also have the grim job of ferrying bodies to the crematoria, which is what they’re doing it Italy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's twats like you causing this hysteria FFS. It's a bad flu virus FFS, not the plague or the Black Death come back

Did you know that 'normal flu' kills 150 people a day in the winter in the UK and 650,000 annually in the world?

Mate, if "normal flu" kills 150 a day each winter in the UK, then maybe "a bad flu virus" is worth avoiding and not spreading it? It isn't so much that it is x times more deadly to an individual, though it does seem to be, it is that many more people will get it and many many more would need a ventilator to get past it, and we have not got enough to go round.

Yoda

English & European
I’m not sure that people are doing that. Many though are making sure they have a couple of weeks of reserves in their cupboards/freezers. My parents were always stocked like this when I was growing up so this is just a return to those times. Just in time supply chains and consumer behavior has gone for good (in my opinion) because they do not reflect the risks of uncertain times. If my wife or I become ill we want to concentrate on looking after each other without the worry of insufficient food or relying on others to look after us.

But they're not. When we do a "big shop", we buy all of the store cupboard items and meat we need to go in the freezer for a month, and the fresh items for a week. Our "big shop" is about a third of what I've seen people buying this past week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But they're not. When we do a "big shop", we buy all of the store cupboard items and meat we need to go in the freezer for a month, and the fresh items for a week. Our "big shop" is about a third of what I've seen people buying this past week.

Same. A ‘big shop’ (probably about once a month, maybe a bit less) might just about fill a normal trolley. Most trips are a small trolley or more likely a basket.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve seen a recent tweet which says the military will be called upon to help, such as the medics, transport for oxygen etc and helping the prison service, and border force.

That’s a long way from lockdown and martial law that the gossip mongers are spreading rumours about.

It’s hardly gossip mongering when it is already happening in other European countries. People have to make their own judgements as things are changing on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Same. A ‘big shop’ (probably about once a month, maybe a bit less) might just about fill a normal trolley. Most trips are a small trolley or more likely a basket.

Best not to judge. If you have three kids your family might be isolated for 3-6 weeks. If you are caring for an elderly relative you might have to buy extra. Not all of us have done ‘big shops’ in the past. Now we do. You can’t say that we are not allowed to do what you are already doing. Whatever happens the supermarkets need to adjust and they are doing.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Anyone else been past Waterhall this afternoon and seen the Army mobilizing? It looks like we are heading for full lockdown same as Europe very soon.

They are constructing enclosures. Not sure if morgues or testing centres.

Get your shopping in asap.
My military contacts have confirmed this too.... big announcement on Friday, military to assist police in keeping order, total lockdown expected

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
OIP.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone else been past Waterhall this afternoon and seen the Army mobilizing? It looks like we are heading for full lockdown same as Europe very soon.

I have just driven past Waterhall and there is no sign of ANY military activity ffs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bloody hell, for reasonably intelligent people we do speak some absolute crap. What does anyone gain from scaremongering and suggesting people bulk buy and create panic ..... f***ing anti-social and hugely unhelpful.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Ban this **** forever

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You saw this with your own eyes ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I feel like most people would comply with any sort of lockdown. Also, the army has lots of guns. Not too many UK residents have guns.

The US on the other hand...

.....and, funnily enough, there have been queues round the various blocks as punters in the US panic buy..... you guessed it ..... guns!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are probably going to collect the homeless and take them somewhere 'nice' :down:

You saying that, I was thinking last night the poor buggers haven't been mentioned at all during this. London streets are emptying of all people where have they gone?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s hardly gossip mongering when it is already happening in other European countries. People have to make their own judgements as things are changing on a daily basis.

My military contacts have confirmed this too.... big announcement on Friday, military to assist police in keeping order, total lockdown expected

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have just driven past Waterhall and there is no sign of ANY military activity ffs.

I rest my case [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here