Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Phillip.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve just been told Prince Phillip has passed away.
Don’t shoot the messenger, it’s something I’ve been told.
RIP, if true.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has had a spectacular innings. Bright as a button when I heard him on a tv show not so many years ago too. Sad news if true but I don’t think he has been in great health over the last year or so?

Have a soft spot for him and the queen personally. The rest of the family can do one as far as I am concerned

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I did wonder earlier if this whole thing will make people view Social Media differently. I know a few people avoiding Twitter and Facebook because it is freaking them out. I think the problem is that they have believed what they have seen before and so believe it all now - despite it conflicting with major news outlets. There are probably still a load of people who don't know the whole "predicted in a book" thing was two books mashed up. Whatever the saying about a lie going around the world before the truth gets its boots on is (That might actually be exactly what it is), it certainly rings true. Maybe this is true but there have been so many Chinese whispers before. And it only takes one or two credible people to be taken in to give it some gravitas.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve just been told Prince Phillip has passed away.
Don’t shoot the messenger, it’s something I’ve been told.
RIP, if true.

I'm afraid the messenger needs arresting.

Quite simple, especially in days like these.

Don't post 'I've been told', post when it becomes proper news, eh ?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I did wonder earlier if this whole thing will make people view Social Media differently. I know a few people avoiding Twitter and Facebook because it is freaking them out. I think the problem is that they have believed what they have seen before and so believe it all now - despite it conflicting with major news outlets. There are probably still a load of people who don't know the whole "predicted in a book" thing was two books mashed up. Whatever the saying about a lie going around the world before the truth gets its boots on is (That might actually be exactly what it is), it certainly rings true. Maybe this is true but there have been so many Chinese whispers before. And it only takes one or two credible people to be taken in to give it some gravitas.

It's attributed in various places to Mark Twain and Winston Churchill - though the latter is all over the quotes sites with the highly improbable "got its pants on".

Might actually be Swift according to this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/books/famous-misquotations.html

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have just looked on Twitter and some of the posts are disgusting.

Don't " do " Twitter, what started as light fun, brevity and a degree of minor outrage has metamorphosed in to a rancid binfest of hate and diatribe. I'm not on it and never will be.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Until Donald Trump posts it on Twitter I am not believing this because everything else is "Fake News"

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Young lad at work claims his mum attends cobra meetings as an advisor and that the rumours are true but they're delaying the announcement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here