Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you want it now!?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Apologies if this is fixtures but I'm wondering what people are thinking.

I was walking the dog on the downs here near Eastbourne this morning, just mulling over things and started to ask myself 'do I want this virus now'?

If I get it soon now and come through unscathed then I can relax for what is expected to be the next 18 months. I'm 62 with no known underlying conditions so I should be OK. But can I face the situation where I have to practice social distancing for up to 18 months, and constantly under threat of getting it? But of course I might be unlucky.

So what are you thinking? Is anyone thinking 'Let's get it over with' and maybe just carrying on with life as normal and inviting the virus to do it's thing?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

I was walking the dog on the downs here near Eastbourne this morning, just mulling over things and started to ask myself 'do I want this virus now'?

If I get it soon now and come through unscathed then I can relax for what is expected to be the next 18 months. I'm 62 with no known underlying conditions so I should be OK. But can I face the situation where I have to practice social distancing for up to 18 months, and constantly under threat of getting it? But of course I might be unlucky.

So what are you thinking? Is anyone thinking 'Let's get it over with' and maybe just carrying on with life as normal and inviting the virus to do it's thing?

I've wondered this a lot. If you could guarantee I'd have a few days feeling like shit and then get over it, I'd bite your hand off to take it now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, definitely - but I absolutely don't want to risk passing it on to anyone else who might be more vulnerable. If I could get it, know I've got it, sit it out on my own until it's gone and be sure I couldn't pass it on, I'd do so straight away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've wondered this a lot. If you could guarantee I'd have a few days feeling like shit and then get over it, I'd bite your hand off to take it now.

With a few days feeling shit you'd still not know for certain that you'd had it.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Yes, get it out of the way.

You never know, it might mutate into something more complex and harder to treat.....keep smiling.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'm over 70, with an underlying condition - not an unduly serious one, I think, and I think my chances of survival would be reasonable - but borderline enough to be a bit scary! If you could guarantee survival, I'd go for getting it over with too - just like the good old days when our mums used to send us round to play with the kid with measles so we'd get it over and done with while we were young!

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I'm pretty scared of getting it, but I think even more scared of trying to avoid it for 18 months.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
With a few days feeling shit you'd still not know for certain that you'd had it.

This is the problem. A testing kit would make the world of difference.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Seems a bit late now. If you were one of the unfortunate ones who needed intubation there's a fair chance they'll be some poor doctor deciding whether you're one of the ones who'll get one in a couple of weeks (and there's a fair chance that if you do need intubation it will be for longer than 2 weeks)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

You may have already had it!

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Interesting everybody's comments so far. I think there may come a point where people are so fed up of trying to avoid that they actively seek it to get it out of the way. The NHS would really have to worry then

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is the problem. A testing kit would make the world of difference.

Sounds close but surely scale is the problem.

You’ll have to test millions of people, some multiple times, ie they thought they had it but turns out they didn’t, and then again later when they think they’ve had it again.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I would have it today, and be done with it! Almost sure I will get it, as my wife works on a ward that is currently filling up with suspected cases, so to get it out of the way would be great. Plus if unlucky to get it really badly, at the moment you are likely to get decent medical attention, not the case I fear when hundreds and thousands are ill.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
You may have already had it!
Yes, the wife and me have both been coughing for the last week but with a runny nose but no fever. Surely a common cold but who knows?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds close but surely scale is the problem.

You’ll have to test millions of people, some multiple times, ie they thought they had it but turns out they didn’t, and then again later when they think they’ve had it again.

Takes awful lot of time as well. For each test you need to dress up in full safety equipment and then take it off and put on a new kit of safety equipment... its a pretty large task testing millions of people unless they find new tech for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely. The sooner everyone who is healthy gets it, isolates and gets better, it sooner we’re through the other side.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Any further down the road with the NorthStandCoronvirus filtering [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]? Really can't come soon enough. It's just getting silly now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here