Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC retro Horse Racing - Place your bets here

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK. We have a few people interested and hopefully starting it will get a few more. I'll try and keep the rules simple. Everyone starts with £1000 and there will be 5 races. Because I have run these before, I will introduce a few rules to try and stop a few tactics I have seen before. You can place a maximum of 2 bets per race. Either a straight win or E/W for 1st/2nd only at 1/4 odds. You can bet a minimum of £100 per race (Or your remaining balance if it is less) and a maximum of 50% of your balance. This is to stop people lumping everything on the first race. Final rule is that if you are unable to bet in a particular race, you will lose £200. So people can join late with a reduced starting balance or people who miss a race will get a penalty to stop them winning big and sitting back.

Here is the form for the first race. I believe that although the game is 36 years on and running in 64K, it does take into account weights, going etc and gives the odds accordingly. But at the end of the day, it is a bit of fun and a distraction for all of us. I will post the first race around 1pm and then spread the rest through the afternoon. If it is a success, I may well try a few different games to keep us occupied.

Just place your bets for the first race below - remember, minimum total stake = £100 and maximum = £500.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I going to keep it simple and put £100 on Horse 1 and £100 Horse 2 for the each of the first 3 races if I'm allowed to do that

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
£75 each way on number 3
£75 each way on number 7 please...

Looking at the form I’m convinced that these will fill the front 2. Gutted that I can’t do a forecast

Cheers...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Slight delay due to late lunch so probably 25 mins till the off

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wild Hog £100 e/w

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right - back now. Had a long call with my Mum so I sure you understand the delay. Video is processing now so 5 minutes to the off

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
£100 EW number 7

If there is Interest, I am happy to run a proper racenight if we get into full lockdown. Bet via Paypal, run a Tote (with a portion to Charity), Stream somehow to everyone, name your own horses and a bespoke commentary over the top which my mate does when we do it for the football club. Got to find some way of keeping ourselves busy and have something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
100 on sharp

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right - here is the 1st race. No bets for this race will be taken after this point but anyone who missed out can carry on in the next race with a reduced balance.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure I can see the odds.

Anyway - £100 e/w - 7 Fivima

:down: I cut that off the video somehow. Sorry. Still, adds to the mystery or something. Should be fine for the others as long as I haven't repeated my stupidity.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK - this made me think how to work out each way odds - think I have got it right.

Current balance

Gazwag £1200
Bozza £800
Leegull £1065.63
Ron Manager £800
Hampden Park £1375
The Brighton Bear £800
Madinthehead £1462.50
Beach Hut £800
Iglle Piggle £800
Martin Tyler £800
Wrong Direction £1300