Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone up for a retro horse racing game?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Right, here is the deal. For the foreseeable future, I will be working from home with my work machine right next to my desktop. Those of you who were on here well over 10 years ago may remember a series of retro computer game competitions I used to run on here so thought it might be time to give another one a go. Might help people take their mind off of things and maybe remove a tiny bit of the withdrawal symptoms of live sport.

I have gone with Go Racing with Peter O'Sullevan as it actually has weights and form but please bear in mind, the is a Commodore 64 game from 1984 so don't expect detailed simulation. All you would need to play is the ability to post on here and, more importantly, watch YouTube videos. Below is a sample race so you can see what is involved. If there is enough interest, I will record a series of races, chop them up so you can look at form and the odds, place your bets and then watch the race. I can then split them over the day to allow people time to place a bet and get involved. The games does have different length races - the sample one is 2m so goes on a bit but furlong markers kick in at 11F so you can see how long is left.

This is purely for fun and distraction. I am working at the same time so there might be delays if I get involved in a call but it will mostly be uploading and posting links so I should be able to do it on the side without too much issue.

Let me know if you are interested - once I get enough interest I will start recording and then set up a new thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
NSC going back to the good times before shit like politics, brexit, Hyypia, the premier league and covid19 destroyed a lot of the fun on here

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not a very racially diverse crowd. York is near Burnley I believe!!

Nice idea. Classic NSC

You've got a black horse with a black jockey wearing black silks. What more do you want? :smile:

I have recorded a couple of races and they are shorter with more excitement than the test one. What I will probably do is post the form for the first race around 12pm. I'm going to avoid going stir crazy by walking lunchtime so I'll post the first race when I get back to give people time to get involved and then post the others through the afternoon. Hopefully actually starting it will get more people involved but if nothing else, it gives me busy work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here