Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
BJ ditching 2m rule in Tuesday’s briefing apparently.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The Govt have to walk a tightrope ,balancing the needs of the economy against our health.
From what I have read, all sorts of things can affect the spread of virus laden droplets, ventilation being the main one. I read that the risk at 1 metre may be small but is 4 times higher than at 2 metres.
I will not be going out for a drink any time soon, but I would not be comfortable inside a pub if someone on the next table coughed .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Govt have to walk a tightrope ,balancing the needs of the economy against our health.
From what I have read, all sorts of things can affect the spread of virus laden droplets, ventilation being the main one. I read that the risk at 1 metre may be small but is 4 times higher than at 2 metres.
I will not be going out for a drink any time soon, but I would not be comfortable inside a pub if someone on the next table coughed .

My understanding, from listening to Vallance and Whitty, was that indoors 1m carried X10 of the risk of 2m.

It's all a game of risk management now, you pays your money you make your choices...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
My understanding, from listening to Vallance and Whitty, was that indoors 1m carried X10 of the risk of 2m.

It's all a game of risk management now, you pays your money you make your choices...

The other part of the risk equation being how likely you are to come across / spend time with someone who is infectious. That has reduced considerably, with the estimated number of daily infections having reduced from around 100k at the peak to now 4k, and still going down. So that may have reduced the chances of coming across someone infectious by 96% since the peak.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The other part of the risk equation being how likely you are to come across / spend time with someone who is infectious. That has reduced considerably, with the estimated number of daily infections having reduced from around 100k at the peak to now 4k, and still going down. So that may have reduced the chances of coming across someone infectious by 96% since the peak.

Where do you get our daily infection rate as 100,000 a day?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Worldometer projections for the UK has estimated there were around 100,000 daily cases of infection back at the end of March.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

20 times the confirmed cases for the same period, yet we base our government decisions on confirmed cases, worrying that the figures are so far out, but I guess the lower figures make it easier to sell the "we have beaten the virus" story. Mind you the same can be said for the disparity in death figures.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1593353741201.png

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Great stuff, although I do worry how the poor souls who didn’t understand what “Stay Alert” means and going to cope with this challenging instruction.

They’ll do what they have always been doing - ignore it.
My Greek neighbours had a birthday party yesterday where at least half a dozen car fulls turned up and partied for 6 hours from 3 pm. Total flouting of all the rules and preventing neighbours enjoying their Sunday afternoon. Like all ignoring the rules - they are selfish and ignorant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Went past The Establo Lounge in Rustington Saturday lunchtime, a full house of various size groups inside and out, no one wearing a mask out of about 90 people.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Went past The Establo Lounge in Rustington Saturday lunchtime, a full house of various size groups inside and out, no one wearing a mask out of about 90 people.

In Tesco, Eastbourne earlier. Probably only 10 percent wearing a mask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here