Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part of me wants to get a proper big session in before everything does close down...I probably won't though.
    Did this yesterday. Visited a fair few pubs in HH and Lindfield. Interesting to note quite a lot of WFH were in the pubs on laptops
    Anyway, it was enjoyable but that’s it for pubs for me for a while. Even though that was the first time I’ve been into a pub since 22nd December 2019.
    Feeling it today though, I’m going as far as the armchair. Don’t really want for anything at the moment as stocked the freezer up over the last few days and toiletry stocks are healthy.

Other than that, I’m on annual leave so not seeing any work bods, going to the gym later at night and generally not seeing that many people.
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I'm working from home and only go out to get the kids from school (grr), shop (because I want to keep delivery slots freed up for people more needy of them) and run by myself (I normally have a training partner). Wife has always worked from home so we're basically housebound with the exception of shopping and exercise. However, as I was typing this, I noticed one of the builders' vans in our road (two houses still having major work) park right outside our house and the bloke get out and cough up a lung right by our front garden. I hope he's a smoker. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      The over 70s (9 in total) I’ve spoken to unanimously say they’ve no intention of staying indoors and it will be largely ‘business as usual.’
      While running this morning I saw a big group of pensioners all walking their dogs together at the Lagoon. VERY disappointing, when you consider people are doing this for them.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      You’re up against a ‘We survived the war’ or ‘Our parents survived the war’ mindset with several of them unfortunately.
      Yep, overheard similar conversations yesterday. Thing is, it's not just (potentially) their funeral, but that point seems to be lost on some. Glad to report that my 90 and 80 year old parents are taking it seriously.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Joe View Post
      Yep, overheard similar conversations yesterday. Thing is, it's not just (potentially) their funeral, but that point seems to be lost on some. Glad to report that my 90 and 80 year old parents are taking it seriously.
      The vast majority of the people I’ve seen out over the last few days have been old people. Stopping to chat on the pavement, gathering in the old tea shop and the cafe.
      Idiots. Isolation for over 70’s should be compulsory.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

0 Not allowed!
      My company sent out the 'work from home' edict on Monday morning and today was the first time I've left the house since (for a cardiologist appointment).

No pubs, restaurants etc for me until this has gone quiet.

It's tough but the sensible thing to do. The thing I'm really struggling with is not seeing my parents. They're both mid-60s with health problems and going round their place for a coffee just isn't worth the risk of them getting ill.

But am making the most of it. I'm getting a weekly PS4 online gaming session set up with some friends, have put together a home workout (because the gym is also a no-go for me now) and I'm going booze free for the duration.

Apart from my girlfriend and a few shopkeepers I doubt I'll interact, face-to-face, with another human for months now.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      I walked passed a cafe en-route to work yesterday (I am WfH now but had to go in to pick some vital bits up). The cafe was full of people

Now I am WfH I expect my only contact with others (other than my partner) will be when we do a food shop, if there is any food to buy.

0 Not allowed!
      Just this minute heard two women in their 80s both saying they have coughs but feel ok . Both just back from Waitrose with bags of shopping obviously not taking it to seriously .
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      My wife is a secondary school teacher and i have 3 kids at differing schools, meaning that they are in the presence of hundreds, if not 1000's, of kids every day. I have no doubt that we will get it, and that we will then get over it. How can they 'social distance' given this?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      the Open Market in the fresh air.
      Who are apparently heavily stocked with fresh fruit and veg, eggs and cheese.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Elsewhere I've seen a few people comment on cafes and coffee shops being busy, with others seemingly congratulating people for carrying on. Isn't this exactly the behaviour that got Italy into trouble?

People with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude, either because they believe they are low-risk, "it's only sniffles", "hardly anyone has it - what's the fuss about?" or believe that because they are not symptomatic, they couldn't be part of the problem, think it's OK to ignore the advice being handed out.

Initial research indicates that people can spread the virus before they are symptomatic (they may even remain completely asymptomatic throughout infection), and it's through this that the growth of the virus really ramps up.

I've heard a few mentions on the radio this morning of people not taking it seriously yet. I'm guessing that if virus spread out-strips model forecasts and health resources do become overwhelmed then we may see mandatory stay-at-home instructions as in other nations. Surely we don't want that if we can avoid it?

We will continue to support our local businesses. We love our local independent coffee shop and we'll still get drinks and cake but will takeaway instead of sitting in, and we'll do the same with favourite restaurants that offer takeaway services.

Are you taking it seriously?

Please don't turn this into a "they should shut the pubs if they don't want us to use them" or "they should shut the schools then" thread. This is about YOUR behaviour with regard to social distancing.
      I don't like it much but have only left the house to go for a run (on my own) or a walk (with the Mrs) since Saturday morning, other than a brief trip to the shop. Was thinking about walking into town for a coffee later but would get a takeaway and sit in the park, not in Costa or Nero. If we're going to do this properly we might as well. We're supposed to be going to Devon at the weekend for a couple of days - long overdue trip to see family, and (after a whole load of convincing) also taking my mother who has barely left the house since my dad died last year but we're almost certain to be cancelling this too.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"