Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know of two London pubs have been doing similar for ages. The kitchens stayed open and they started vacuum packing the meals and turning themselves into food shops.

One was selling takeaway pints (and cocktails) - they just brought the bar forward.

The other one (more ingeniously) has created a one way system inside and has morphed into a fruit and veg shop whilst selling posh vacuum packed meals.

good to hear. Hopefully more and more will start up. Salvage some summer drinking

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      So Scotland now more relaxed than England re meeting people outside- they can meet people from another household outside, up to 8 people in total, from tomorrow. As opposed to the England restriction of a household being able to meet 1 person from outside the household.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52819189
      They know what is what,
      But they don't know what is what,
      They just strut.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Teenagers/young adults have been the worst offenders throughout from what I've seen.
      I don't know, pensioners have been amongst the worse round here.

I've just been to the garden centre in my lunch break - in the hope that it would be quieter than at the weekend. Unfortunately it was full of dippy old ladies standing as close to you as possible, particularly the ones with "masks" (i.e. thin silk scarfs) on.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post

I've just been to the garden centre in my lunch break - in the hope that it would be quieter than at the weekend. Unfortunately it was full of dippy old ladies standing as close to you as possible, particularly the ones with "masks" (i.e. thin silk scarfs) on.
      Went to our local garden centre a couple of days ago to get some fruit and veg (there is a good stall in the car park) - didn't go in, but spoke to a pal who had. Said the place was mostly full of elderly couples shuffling around and stopping to chat with each other, virtually none actually buying anything or respecting distancing. The queue to get in was enormous too.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      This. Throughout lockdown.

Bored apparently, so they went in droves to the supermarket every day. I seldom saw an over 65 with a mask on Ö.. invincible syndrome.

It was inevitable, for the same reason, that they'd also dominate garden centres and 'win' the race to council recycling centre queues.

1 Not allowed!
      I saw an old guy, eighties, being helped by at least 4 people cross over the railway crossing at lancing today. Something may have happened to him, fell over or something, I didn't see. But a frail oap out walking, now in very close proximity to at least 4 people, not good. Oaps do seem to have a death wish, let alone if he has it, passing it on to at least 4 people. If an ambulance was called, even more may get it. Strange...

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There is such a difference on here over which group is worst at social distancing that I am driven to conclude that we are all (including me) seeing what we want to see and reporting that. For every oap there is a group of teenage boys and so on.

Personally speaking as a 70+ I have not been into a shop for over 10 weeks have had 2 14 day lockdowns and weekly deliveries from Sainsburys. Rest assured my family wont let me disregard the rules or advice. If only Mr Cummings had done the same!

0 Not allowed!
      In my experience it depends on the time of day. For example, Hove Lawns in the evening is mobbed with groups of school/college leavers with absolutely no regard for social distancing measures.
      Maybe you'd describe me as blinded by hope and deluded in the fantasies weaved by our eight-legged and sinister leader, but so what. I would rather be lost in the half-cocked dreams of those with the power to persuade than be endlessly pressed by the blathering insomniacs who haven't dreamt for a decade or more and feel the need to talk until all those around them drop, and share their misery.

2 Not allowed!
      As if we did not already know how stupid most of us are, witness the beach at Durdle Door in Dorset today, absolute insanity !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 Ė 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      As if we did not already know how stupid most of us are, witness the beach at Durdle Door in Dorset today, absolute insanity !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454
      Obviously bunched up for the helicopter landing, but itís been mobbed for several weekends now, always covered on the news.

Iíve been there when it was uncrowded, I didnít realise that it was now a major sunbathing beach.