Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Shirley supermarkets can continue the one adult rule?

Which in fairness was often then ignored, sly couples then meeting up once through the door.
I only went in one large supermarket in the last 3 months but the one time I did, I went in with my wife. We bought a few things quickly and left. Late in the day, hardly anyone there. No signs or people saying only one adult at a time. I wasn't even aware of that. Nothing sly, we just walked in together as did loads of others.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Who's to say they weren't driving to the beach to test their eyesight? We all know the best way to test your eyes is to drive somewhere nice with your nearest and dearest in the car.

Havnt heard anyone say they drove to the beach to test their eyesight. In any case I thought it was recognised DC intention for that short distance was to test his resilience for a long drive to London including testing his eyesight not solely to test his eyesight.
Seems a ridiculous stretch to say people are driving to the beach on a blistering weekend to mingle with crowds and potentially break social distancing because DC drove in his car when he didn’t break any social distancing rules.
People in my area don’t appear to be breaking social distancing regulations, they seem pretty responsible. I wonder what their excuse for not breaking the rules is.

I don't know why you are laughing, its Cummings that is laughing, we all been treated as mugs

Social distancing, size of groups...people are less likely to obey the rules now. Cummins actions, his failure to admit any wrong and blatant lying has eroded public trust.

That said, the buck ultimately stops with Johnson, he has failed to act. He will have even more blood on his hands, but when tens of thousands have needlessly passed away due to his arrogance and incompetence, what's a few more...

Im not aware of anyone admitting to breaking the rules using the excuse “that person did it so im doing it now”.
Seems to be plenty of people though admitting on behalf of others as to why those people are choosing not to keep to the distance rules.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I only went in one large supermarket in the last 3 months but the one time I did, I went in with my wife. We bought a few things quickly and left. Late in the day, hardly anyone there. No signs or people saying only one adult at a time. I wasn't even aware of that. Nothing sly, we just walked in together as did loads of others.

At Sainsbury’s throughout, couples enter separately, once inside joining up. Crafty sods.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I get your point, I can see that, but I think of it in reverse that our soft touch lockdown was the most that the government and public health scientists thought we’d stomach.

The heavy Spanish and Italian strategy was enforced by a huge presence of (armed) police, with Spanish augmenting that with 131,000 military personnel, Italy also used their army on the streets including for road checkpoints. That’d be an anathema in Britain.

Then of course we have the Gendarmerie (reputation for being a tad rough) in France ...which added together with the other police comes to a far more significant number than over here....easier to implement anything announced by their government

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then of course we have the Gendarmerie (reputation for being a tad rough) in France ...which added together with the other police comes to a far more significant number than over here....easier to implement anything announced by their government

Similarly, Spanish police and Guardia Civil famously take no prisoners, well, they do:

Screaming female jogger who broke lockdown:
https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/21/videos/1584804866_376286.html

Martial arts comes in handy in apprehending two people breaking lockdown:
https://en.as.com/en/2020/04/19/videos/1587321436_244252.html

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Boris has lost the dressing room.

Attachments

• bournemouth-beach.jpg
    bournemouth-beach.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 231

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just been to sainsbury's as Morrisons has become a bun fight. They're still taking it really seriously, only fifty people allowed in the store, it was a pleasure.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Will be taking the train to work as of Monday, been driving in since the lockdown started, be interested to see the social distancing arrangements on the train, for the week running upto lockdown the carriages were pretty much empty
4dfcd6ea195d28916414f1d66c5c329f.jpg

Took this around the middle of March, the train had just left Hove and would normally be all seats taken, there was only two of us on this particular carriage all the way to London Vic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Talking of social distancing some advice please.....

We have a 1 month old baby. Her mum (nanny) has met baby once with the 2m rule in place ie no touching just cooing from afar. Now, 'Nanny' is getting impatient and wants to break the whole lockdown/SD and come and stay for a week. On top of that the wife's sister who lives in Australia has just applied and been granted a special exemption to get on a plane from Oz and come to the UK to 'help' my wife with the baby. She has stated that she will quarantine in our house for 2 weeks !

I have gone off my nut and said NO to both. Nannys husband is still working and in contact with people and the sister will be travelling across the globe on a plane cooped up for 24 hours. I'm being made out to be selfish by both nanny and sis in law. I feel they are just desperate to have a cuddle and I get that but I am putting my babies health at the forefront. There is nothing wrong with the baby apart from the fact she keeps us up half the night which is perfectly normal in my eyes.

Am I right to be like this ?

Thank you

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

We have a 1 month old baby. Her mum (nanny) has met baby once with the 2m rule in place ie no touching just cooing from afar. Now, 'Nanny' is getting impatient and wants to break the whole lockdown/SD and come and stay for a week. On top of that the wife's sister who lives in Australia has just applied and been granted a special exemption to get on a plane from Oz and come to the UK to 'help' my wife with the baby. She has stated that she will quarantine in our house for 2 weeks !

I have gone off my nut and said NO to both. Nannys husband is still working and in contact with people and the sister will be travelling across the globe on a plane cooped up for 24 hours. I'm being made out to be selfish by both nanny and sis in law. I feel they are just desperate to have a cuddle and I get that but I am putting my babies health at the forefront. There is nothing wrong with the baby apart from the fact she keeps us up half the night which is perfectly normal in my eyes.

Thank you

Yes, you are quite correct, your wife/baby's health and safety must come first and foremost as harsh as that may appear, these are very difficult times and normal behaviour has to be put on hold until its safe or at least any risk is minimised. Best of luck and congratulations on your new baby.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Thank you

I agree with you. It's difficult and heartbreaking not to be able to hug family but COVID is unpredictable and nasty.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Thank you
Yes.
If this is going to happen. I would send the sister to the amex for a test as soon as she lands and she will have to stay overnight somewhere, mother in laws maybe, until the result is given. Mother in law should also have the test and quarantine until she gets the result. The sister can then stay at yours and the mil, can have one visit and that's it. Unless she also stays at yours.

My brother is in a similar situation and they have all quarantined and had the test before seeing the baby. I think my brother got the results within 24 hours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thank you

100%. How would you, or they, feel if heaven forbid any (or all) of you, including the baby, ended up catching covid ?

I saw my elderly mother today for the first time since lockdown (my dad also died late last year and she’s not over that yet). Kept distance etc. Unless the rules need to be broken, everyone should just be a bit more patient - don’t think it’ll be too long before we see more relaxation.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Morrisons in seaford was exceptional at social distancing today. Sent me to a till that wasnt open, pointed this out and was told repeatedly someone would be there anytime before a different member of staff told me I'd been advised wrongly. In this time I wasnt allowed to move to another empty till whilst watching others merrily pass through with their shopping

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gTXCyozX9A

Not much in the way of social distancing going on in London today .

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

I am still taking it seriously because I am not a selfish cvnt just thinking of myself.

The breaking distancing and “ what have I got to lose” attitude flippantly acknowledged as legitimate by people like [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] is selfish as fruck.

There are people out there and their relatives who could still be in serious danger if you pass it on whilst being a prick. Think of others not just yourself.

There are even morons out there that think their actions are understandable during a pandemic. .....No they are not. They are bewildering, it is beyond stupid.
Stop being an apologist for cretinous behaviour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here