Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Teenagers/young adults have been the worst offenders throughout from what I've seen.

I don't know, pensioners have been amongst the worse round here.

I've just been to the garden centre in my lunch break - in the hope that it would be quieter than at the weekend. Unfortunately it was full of dippy old ladies standing as close to you as possible, particularly the ones with "masks" (i.e. thin silk scarfs) on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I've just been to the garden centre in my lunch break - in the hope that it would be quieter than at the weekend. Unfortunately it was full of dippy old ladies standing as close to you as possible, particularly the ones with "masks" (i.e. thin silk scarfs) on.

Went to our local garden centre a couple of days ago to get some fruit and veg (there is a good stall in the car park) - didn't go in, but spoke to a pal who had. Said the place was mostly full of elderly couples shuffling around and stopping to chat with each other, virtually none actually buying anything or respecting distancing. The queue to get in was enormous too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This. Throughout lockdown.

Bored apparently, so they went in droves to the supermarket every day. I seldom saw an over 65 with a mask on ….. invincible syndrome.

It was inevitable, for the same reason, that they'd also dominate garden centres and 'win' the race to council recycling centre queues.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I saw an old guy, eighties, being helped by at least 4 people cross over the railway crossing at lancing today. Something may have happened to him, fell over or something, I didn't see. But a frail oap out walking, now in very close proximity to at least 4 people, not good. Oaps do seem to have a death wish, let alone if he has it, passing it on to at least 4 people. If an ambulance was called, even more may get it. Strange...

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
There is such a difference on here over which group is worst at social distancing that I am driven to conclude that we are all (including me) seeing what we want to see and reporting that. For every oap there is a group of teenage boys and so on.

Personally speaking as a 70+ I have not been into a shop for over 10 weeks have had 2 14 day lockdowns and weekly deliveries from Sainsburys. Rest assured my family wont let me disregard the rules or advice. If only Mr Cummings had done the same!

Jimmy Grimble

In my experience it depends on the time of day. For example, Hove Lawns in the evening is mobbed with groups of school/college leavers with absolutely no regard for social distancing measures.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As if we did not already know how stupid most of us are, witness the beach at Durdle Door in Dorset today, absolute insanity !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454

Obviously bunched up for the helicopter landing, but it’s been mobbed for several weekends now, always covered on the news.

I’ve been there when it was uncrowded, I didn’t realise that it was now a major sunbathing beach.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Obviously bunched up for the helicopter landing, but it’s been mobbed for several weekends now, always covered on the news.

I’ve been there when it was uncrowded, I didn’t realise that it was now a major sunbathing beach.

Yes, the helicopter landing did not help and the angle may make it look like people are too close together when in reality they are not but..... why all pile down the same beach ? I genuinely feel that we have become " softened up" and blasé about Covid-19, I can see a second wave as other countries have recently experienced.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I do wish people would stop all the disapproving tuts about social distancing outside. The only problem is that it is symptomatic of a lower of the guard, but how many people will be saying, we did all this and nothing happened, see it is over and will really start doing all the dumb stuff.

I am convinced it will be back and wholly unconvinced we have a credible plan for managing it in this country and it will start spreading rapidly again when the weather keeps us all indoors and the cold and damp has us all coughing.

This virus is going to continue to be shit for everyone. Sure the young seem largely immune, but they are going to take a massive economic kick in the privates. Enjoying the sunshine is not the worst thing people can be doing,

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
As soon as Boris mentioned barbecues my heart stopped. I think he must have just blurted it out on the spur of the moment and it was not agreed with the medics who, if they had any bottle, should have picked him up on it. A brainless decision that will start this all up again and waste three months of heartache. Having had someone in the family circle die from this, I am just appalled at the number of people who are already partying and just don’t give a damn about anyone else but themselves.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As soon as Boris mentioned barbecues my heart stopped. I think he must have just blurted it out on the spur of the moment and it was not agreed with the medics who, if they had any bottle, should have picked him up on it. A brainless decision that will start this all up again and waste three months of heartache. Having had someone in the family circle die from this, I am just appalled at the number of people who are already partying and just don’t give a damn about anyone else but themselves.

Chris Whittey's face and response was a picture to Boris's latest stupid remark. He didn't quite say, "whoah there PM" but that was his tone as he tried to rein it back in to more sensible meet ups, then let's have a BBQ.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Chris Whittey's face and response was a picture to Boris's latest stupid remark. He didn't quite say, "whoah there PM" but that was his tone as he tried to rein it back in to more sensible meet ups, then let's have a BBQ.

If Sage members don’t agree with it they should Leave

I don’t think anyone has resigned apart from Ferguson

Jimmy Grimble

Not sure how well it’s being adhered to at the protests in London based on the footage of it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So be guided by the science, as long as it agrees with the government’s position...!

well yes, to an extent. if we stuck to scientific driven views we'd all stay indoors for months with no contact and food delivered by courier as the only way to beat the virus. they dont model for indoor verse outdoor meeting, dont model for limited family contact, dont model for the impact on wider health. and they completely miss any consideration for economic and wider impacts of policy, because thats beyond their remit. so there has to be some balance.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
well yes, to an extent. if we stuck to scientific driven views we'd all stay indoors for months with no contact and food delivered by courier as the only way to beat the virus. they dont model for indoor verse outdoor meeting, dont model for limited family contact, dont model for the impact on wider health. and they completely miss any consideration for economic and wider impacts of policy, because thats beyond their remit. so there has to be some balance.

Balance I get, currently they seem to be full steam ahead for herd immunity!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The idiot on today was asked by a journalist if he was worried about the large number of people ignoring the social distancing rules - he totally ignored this and just read out the list of rules. Now the Jocks - their reps had a real go at people who are flouting the rules. Why are our people so lame about it?
It’s the Cummings effect!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure how well it’s being adhered to at the protests in London based on the footage of it.

outside US embassy

5664b64b-57e5-4b36-b518-87459a9dd69d.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here