Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Self Isolater's Thread

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
NSC is going to become an even more important place to keep some of us from feeling too lonely at times over the coming weeks and months. So this is a thread for anyone self isolating now or in the future to come on and share your experiences, thoughts, creative ideas etc, or just to say hello and get some light-hearted abuse back.

Looks like I'll be at home, apart from socially-distanced walks up the riverbank, for 12 weeks from this weekend. I like my own company, but it's still going to be very strange.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Downloading War Thunder on Steam. Top rated Free OSX game...
Yesterday I binge watched Firefly :lol: Might give Serenity a go later. The wench is home with me, re watching the whole of Grey's Anatomy.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I live on my own in the middle of nowhere here in France and I think it will be a challenge. I have my dog and plenty of friends on Facebook etc which helps. I also have six children living in the UK which I am hoping they might actually find their phones...lol..!!

The weather is glorious here today ( 19 degrees) so it's time for me to try and sort out my garden and I have my weekly shopping trip to the nearest town 8 miles away to look forward to on Thursday.

I will be looking jn on here for suggestions to keep me sane !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I downloaded Sonic The Hedgehog, to my FirstStick.

I've also started watching Arrested Development.

The irony isn't lost on me.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I live on my own in the middle of nowhere here in France and I think it will be a challenge. I have my dog and plenty of friends on Facebook etc which helps. I also have six children living in the UK which I am hoping they might actually find their phones...lol..!!

The weather is glorious here today ( 19 degrees) so it's time for me to try and sort out my garden and I have my weekly shopping trip to the nearest town 8 miles away to look forward to on Thursday.

Aye, difficult times, especially if you're already living in a remote location I'd imagine. My sister and family live in rural Ireland and she always laughs when I talk of Upper Beeding as 'out in the country'. 19 degrees would be welcome here right now though, so I don't feel too much sympathy on that score! Enjoy your gardening and trip to town. I've visited La Rochelle, very nice.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Good stuff. While nothing is proven about it yet, gotta remember these coronaviruses co-evolved with bats for thousands of years - covid19 shouldnt fancy the sunlight.

Not a gamer myself but sounds like an apt selection!

Time to adapt now though!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I've just got back from town, where I purchased a large roll of bubble wrap and some sticky tape. This afternoon I shall be wrapping myself up in it. I'm still not 100% sure about this self-insulation malarkey.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Jealous of some of that. Used to live in France myself and miss it. How's your internet connection? Netflix/Prime are a great way to waste a day binge watching rubbish or watching documentaries.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If anyone likes Snow Patrol, they are doing an Instagram gig tomorrow at 19.00

[tweet]1240188070084804608[/tweet]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Jealous of some of that. Used to live in France myself and miss it. How's your internet connection? Netflix/Prime are a great way to waste a day binge watching rubbish or watching documentaries.

I have got used to the internet being slow here, but I do have Netflix and I-Player. I am truly thankful it is spring now and summer to follow. The grass has had it's first cut this year...( took bloody ages ! ) but just doing some each day will spur me on and give me a sense of pride etc.

I try very hard not to watch TV until after 7.00pm and also not drink until then either. I'm spending far too long on here and Facebook in between 'gardening' and will aim to be more productive as the days goes by.

I'm lucky. Many people are stuck in flats....must be a nightmare. I'm enjoying this thread started by Hungry Joe and it's sort of comforting to know I'm not 'alone' as such.

Good luck to you all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here