Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
One positive is I think people in this country are taking the government advice seriously - well most of them anyway. In France people were told to isolate so they went and had street parties, which has led to them having to bring in very draconian measures.

Like the French have ever listened to their government anyway.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For those of you who were longing for a Corbyn government, well it was like Communist Russia in Sainsbury this morning, empty shelves, pale gaunt looking people, desperation everywhere. You would have loved it.

Thanks for that. :ffsparr:

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
For people who cannot get out of the house use the milkman, they have virtually disappeared over the last few years but do deliver a lot more than milk, my elderly mother gets all sorts of groceries from them and doesn't have to battle all the selfish people taking everything from the supermarkets, hopefully they can make some profit out of all this.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
IR35 changes in the private sector have been delayed for a year until 6 April 2021 due to coronavirus, despite it being announced as definitely going ahead in the budget last week - good news for any contractors who can get an extra year of dubious self-employment out of it (but not those who've already left contracts / taken employment).

It's mixed news for me, as I've been sepnding lots of time recently implementing the changes within my company and now must stop at the crunch, and have this to look forward to again next year...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Filming of Eastenders has been suspended!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Decent coffee, listening to music rather than colleagues wittering on, and taking advantage of a keyboard break to give the lawns their first cut of the year.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I am going to be RICH, UNBELIEVABLE RICH! Just had this email about how they have found a cure for covid19 all they need is my address because they need a UK base and £50 for registration. They have other people doing in countries over the world, but I have been picked for the UK. Then I get a share in the estimated 1 billion they will make.

So long!!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I am going to be RICH, UNBELIEVABLE RICH! Just had this email about how they have found a cure for covid19 all they need is my address because they need a UK base and £50 for registration. They have other people doing in countries over the world, but I have been picked for the UK. Then I get a share in the estimated 1 billion they will make.

So long!!!

I just asked the Nigerian prince who emails me about the fortune I am to inherit and he says that’s a scam.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
For people who cannot get out of the house use the milkman, they have virtually disappeared over the last few years but do deliver a lot more than milk, my elderly mother gets all sorts of groceries from them and doesn't have to battle all the selfish people taking everything from the supermarkets, hopefully they can make some profit out of all this.

Yeah good idea this. Will see how Fiveways Fruits are doing over the next couple of weeks but might consider this. Cheers.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Save it - as requested by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Works for both ends of the spectrum. Political point scoring when people are dying through something out of the control of politicians is contemptible IMHO.

Jeez, it was just a light hearted comment. Political point scoring my arse, you have literally no idea what my politics are.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's an incredible amount of free stuff from opera companies and orchestras that's normally behind paywalls.

I've had a wallow in free performances from the Met, the Berlin Philharmonic and the Staatsoper Berlin.

Tonight, it's going to be the Met's La Boheme and a bit of Opera North's Ring.

I fancy this lasting a few more weeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1239609487155253248[/tweet]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can't take him seriously, on account of how much he looks like a tortoise.

181165.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought that was highly suspect but his twitter seems legit, and umn.edu is legit.

Also:

This is his trial:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04308668?term=boulware&draw=2&rank=2

Drug: Hydroxychloroquine

Mentioned in these articles (different trials from elsewhere, same drug).

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...ssful-Covid-19-coronavirus-drug-trial-results

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...otential-coronavirus-treatments-idUSKBN21331M

Which is excellent news for me as I take hydroxychloroquine every day as a part of the treatment for my auto immune condition.

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but the National Trust has said all its parklands and gardens are open free of charge, at the moment. The houses and cafes are closed but if people just want to walk around in the fresh air and admire the flowers etc, they can do so free.
https://www.discoverwildlife.com/ne...8iDWe7uoFi2gsC4M263yqwdcUppQiFUSxx02T0cY-6x6E

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pret a Manger are offering NHS workers free hot drinks and 50% of all else from today until 30th March.

[tweet]1240237236823547904[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here