Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Christopher Snowdon
@cjsnowdon
·
1h
This is important. The figure is nearly half (55%) in England now, I believe.
Quote Tweet
Covid Fact Check UK
@fact_covid
· 3h
As of 11 January, in London, 3,227 total acute hospital beds were occupied by confirmed COVID-19 patients. However just 1,576 (49%) were being treated primarily for COVID.

A month ago it was 80% - so the huge increase in infections has led to many more “incidental” admissions.

Stumpy Tim

Christopher Snowdon
@cjsnowdon
·
1h
This is important. The figure is nearly half (55%) in England now, I believe.
Quote Tweet
Covid Fact Check UK
@fact_covid
· 3h
As of 11 January, in London, 3,227 total acute hospital beds were occupied by confirmed COVID-19 patients. However just 1,576 (49%) were being treated primarily for COVID.

A month ago it was 80% - so the huge increase in infections has led to many more “incidental” admissions.

I wonder how this impacts the daily death figures too. The numbers are over 300 a day, but given over half of people are going into hospital with Covid rather than because of Covid, I assume it's the same percentage when it comes to people dieing with Covid rather than because of Covid.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wonder how this impacts the daily death figures too. The numbers are over 300 a day, but given over half of people are going into hospital with Covid rather than because of Covid, I assume it's the same percentage when it comes to people dieing with Covid rather than because of Covid.

Correct. The higher transmissability of Omicron has led to the data being less useful.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Edit: Not really sure what I mean, actually, so I'll leave it!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Ans when assessing personal risk to yourself, 300 a day sounds bad, but loads of those, as you say will be incidental cases. Also a large number of those will be unvaxxed, so will be subject to a totally different risk profile

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is there a breakdown of the people who are in hospital through Covid-related reasons and their vaccination status available publicly, out of interest?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
From the Zoe study. First time we’ve seen a green number since Omicron started having an impact. A long way to go yet but positive signs in the trend.

By the way - if anyone doesn’t contribute to the Zoe data it’s a really good thing to participate in. https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-2
2FEA2517-7641-4036-AF34-F507848630A3.jpeg

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Infections drop below 100k today, and a near 30% drop in week on week numbers, and admissions slightly down now week on week. Really is starting to look like the peak has passed.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
More positive news for the UK

Covid in the UK: Reported cases at lowest level for a month https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59973659

Prof Julian Hiscox, chairman in infection and global health at the University of Liverpool, told the BBC that we are heading towards a new phase of the pandemic where the virus has a lesser impact on daily life.

"We're almost there, it is now the beginning of the end, at least in the UK. I think life in 2022 will be almost back to before the pandemic," he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
More positive news for the UK

Covid in the UK: Reported cases at lowest level for a month https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59973659

Prof Julian Hiscox, chairman in infection and global health at the University of Liverpool, told the BBC that we are heading towards a new phase of the pandemic where the virus has a lesser impact on daily life.

"We're almost there, it is now the beginning of the end, at least in the UK. I think life in 2022 will be almost back to before the pandemic," he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Excellent news,hopefully we have walked into the the light at the end of a very, very long tunnel [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Infections drop below 100k today, and a near 30% drop in week on week numbers, and admissions slightly down now week on week. Really is starting to look like the peak has passed.
Yep and numbers of people on mechanical ventilation have dropped to July levels. Good news indeed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep and numbers of people on mechanical ventilation have dropped to July levels. Good news indeed.

Now clearly falling in the UK, from a very low plateau anyway. Looking good in Germany too.

As the booster campaigns progress at pace elsewhere, I expect we’ll soon see falls across all of western Europe.

4FC8366D-D803-46FE-BA97-21D1EE890D36.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Return tests to be binned, just after I ordered mine yesterday for feb - doh

Have they been cancelled already?

A neighbour flew back from Cuba last week, guided by a tour operator he did everything correctly including the UK’s PLF and said there was no requirement for either the test in Cuba or 2 day test here on returning.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Have they been cancelled already?

A neighbour flew back from Cuba last week, guided by a tour operator he did everything correctly including the UK’s PLF and said there was no requirement for either the test in Cuba or 2 day test here on returning.

It seems like the back home test will be gone by half term

The pre departure test for the uk has already gone

So for New York as it stands you will just need the Pre- USA test 24 hours before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here