Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Their batshit idea (going against every other country's policies, as well advice from the WHO) will result in thousands more deaths. They had NO CHOICE but to change direction.

You sound like Boris fan girl Laura K telling the nation "the science has changed". It's utter bull****. Many more people will die unnecessaily because of this government.

Yes while what you say is completely true all I was trying to do was find something positive in these most dark days and the fact Boris changed tact is a positive I can think of a few previous Prime ministers who might have just stuck to the same mantra in the face of any evidance

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s brilliant that we’re behind the curb on this too. There are 9 countries with more infections than in the U.K (although I admit that different testing strategies make these figures largely irrelevant). We are in a position to learn how to deal with it effectively by copying the efforts of other nations who have reduced infection rates and deaths dramatically or avoid worst practice.

No other ‘Island’ nation has seen the hit like we’ve taken. I’m very hopeful that those Island nations can learn from our experience and save thousands of lives.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes while what you say is completely true all I was trying to do was find something positive in these most dark days and the fact Boris changed tact is a positive I can think of a few previous Prime ministers who might have just stuck to the same mantra in the face of any evidance

Fair enough. I don't think he had any choice though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Large parts of the workforce are now trialling remote working which could see a significant shift from old office based ideals and further flexible working. This would reduce the congestion and pollution on roads and prevent the need for lots of road expansion costs that could be put back into the health service. The lack of commute also gives people time back with their families or additional social time which is great for the work life balance

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Music fans, if you fancy spending some cash on Bandcamp, this Friday between midnight and midnight would be a great time to do it if you want to help support artists. Bandcamp are waiving the 'revenue share' charged to artists for sales (it's basically a 24-hour tax break for artists) to help boost much needed income at this time when gigs, tours etc are being cancelled.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-covid-19-fundraiser

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Commentators are still finding work:-

[tweet]1239937525365575680[/tweet]

I'd imagine JD Sports Bag will be seriously disappointed with that performance.

Not sure that this is good news but entering NSC into Google used to bring this esteemed site up near the top of page one. Got to page 10 of Google today and still no sign of it !

(yes I know I should stick a short cut somewhere)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm actually going to get some work projects finished without unnecessary interruption and I have ordered some books I have been meaning to study for years. Opportunity to upskill. My house is already looking shinier, the garden over the coming weeks will have some attention too.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
If anyone is still looking for bog roll please remember that the tabloid newspapers are still in wide circulation. The Daily Star is only 40p and can be cut into six sheets per page. The Daily Express is 60p and although the words are more quilted they'll be a lot of shit on the paper before you even start wiping.

The Metro is FREE :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
For those of you who were longing for a Corbyn government, well it was like Communist Russia in Sainsbury this morning, empty shelves, pale gaunt looking people, desperation everywhere. You would have loved it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For those of you who were longing for a Corbyn government, well it was like Communist Russia in Sainsbury this morning, empty shelves, pale gaunt looking people, desperation everywhere. You would have loved it.

Save it - as requested by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Works for both ends of the spectrum. Political point scoring when people are dying through something out of the control of politicians is contemptible IMHO.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One positive is I think people in this country are taking the government advice seriously - well most of them anyway. In France people were told to isolate so they went and had street parties, which has led to them having to bring in very draconian measures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here