Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Christopher Snowdon
@cjsnowdon
·
15h
Israel’s down to less than 30 cases a day. Not per million. Total.

They have had the Indian variant since April as well

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Christopher Snowdon
@cjsnowdon
·
15h
Israel’s down to less than 30 cases a day. Not per million. Total.

They have had the Indian variant since April as well

I hadn't realised that the Indian Varient had been present in Israel. That is good news in as much as it shows the vaccines are very effective on it. Its real world data like this that makes me very confident that we are fast approaching the end of this nightmare in the UK

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
From same source

BREAKING: Euros matches at Wembley are likely to have FULL capacity

Pah, no good for me and my cancelled Scotland tickets on the 19th! :tantrum:

Only joking really, mildly annoying for me personally but in terms of the bigger picture it’s absolutely brilliant news. Going to the footy is the thing I’ve missed most I think. We’re getting there very rapidly now.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
200.gif

2nd dose done. Took much longer at the Brighton Centre than it did at the Racecourse but I don't really care. Job done.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
View attachment 137096

2nd dose done. Took much longer at the Brighton Centre than it did at the Racecourse but I don't really care. Job done.

I was getting my first prick there today and the whispers down the queue suggested they were having computer issues, resisted the urge to tell them to turn it on and off again. I reckon they're normally a lot more efficient as I have only ever heard good things from others who've been.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great stat........

Amongst all the caution (and near-panic, in some cases), we're currently seeing a modest rise in positive cases (around 3,500/day - peak was 100k and bear in mind the amount of targeted surge testing going in in specific locations now), a smaller rise in hospitalisations (120/day - peak was around 4,000) and no material change at all in deaths which are currently averaging less than 10 per day (peak - 1800 or so) and we're now nearly 2 weeks into the latest easing of restrictions. The current stat trends suggest we're getting the expected rise in infections, but it's barely affecting the fully vaccinated at all, and those that are getting infected are getting hospitalised at a far lower rate than previously (because they are younger, and mostly not vulnerable).

The reported percentage increases in positive tests, deaths and hospitalisations look depressing to some because they are against what were very low figures..........................

BONG ! 10% increase in deaths reported ! (Um, yes, that's actually 6)

Do we need to be cautious and watch the data closely ? Absolutely. Do we need to go and hide in a cupboard ? Absolutely not.

Saltdean Seagull

Aug 21, 2011
Got my second jab this afternoon at the Brighton Centre. I`m so excited; I`m like a kid on Christmas morning!

Loads of you have probably seen this, but more perspective away from the media hysteria of either impending doom or otherwise from Prof Tim. Vaccines are a magical thing!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Loving this thread. Looks like the Vaccine is kicking butt, second jab coming up next week.

So much media hysteria over this, gave up watching the news months ago.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Andrew Lilico [MENTION=11994]Andrew[/MENTION]_lilico
Weekly case growth in Bolton now below 30%. Looks like it topped out. Hard to see much of a threat coming from them

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Today I caught my first train since going to the Sheffield United away match back on 22 February 2020. 15 months! I cannot remember a period in my life when I went so long without using public transport - so it's great to be 'getting back to normal'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here