Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Because of Coronavirus I've been working at home today.

Earlier, the doorbell rang and it was my neighbour. She has twins who had their third birthday today. She'd bought a massive ("serves 18") chocolate birthday cake from Waitrose and they'd only eaten half of it, didn't want to give the children any more, so offered the rest to me...... I told her to f..u.ck off ... the diseased bitch.

Wow

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was talking today to one of my elderly customers...who was feeling a tad ‘isolated’ with all there ‘social’ events being cancelled ...hoping that it will be a good early summer and that they would be able to sit in the garden with another elderly friend round...sitting the recommended space apart

Thanks!!! I really thought conversation that was just between the two of us! :D:wink: (hope your well mate :thumbsup: )

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
There will be MASSIVE social reform when this is all over, and the world will be a better place.

This, I think, could be the big one. It has hammered home to me in droves all of the silly, inconsequential worrying I do or frustrations I have on any given day, and how little appreciation I have given some of the most important things in life that have always just been there. Like the ability to travel, to go where I want, whether it be to the gym, to the pub, or some tropical island on the other side of the world. Like being able to spend time with my extended family. Like football.

Not to mention the importance of the health service. I've always voted based on whichever I reckon is going to leave me slightly, and probably insignificantly better off financially, because I'm selfish and materialistic. The NHS has always taken a back seat in my thinking because I've never really relied upon it and since I've not been planning to fall ill anytime soon. Of course, times like this hammer it home. Even if I don't die or require care in this pandemic, even if no one that I love, care about or even know does, its impact on me and all those people I care about will have been huge. Even in the most capitalist of cultures, a healthy society is absolutely paramount to its function.

This will be a wake up call for many of us, but if we learn our lessions in the long-term can be a better and a happier place. And, as is beginning to dawn on me, what's more important in life than happiness?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Please post positive news relating to Coronavirus in this thread

For each post, include a link to somewhere that, in your opinion, appears to be a legitimate source, along with a short precis or quote relating to the news.

The graph you posted from Imperial College yesterday. Although very grim in many ways, even in the worst case scenario this wave of infections will be over by July/August. This means at some point in the middle of summer there will be a respite and we can all go back to the pub! There will be a second wave next winter, but this gives us time to prepare and hopefully lessons will have been learnt. A vaccine may also not be far away. Also there may be an antibodies test by then which will indicate whether those who have already had it are now immune. If so, those people can go back to their daily lives and help support and care for those who get it in the winter.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Does anyone want to buy 150 sausage rolls, 40 scotch eggs and a large pork pie?

I misread the headlines for "picnic" buying.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Maybe this will bring in some way bring us together and heal a divided country.

I was listening to Boris Johnson talk the other day and my first reaction wasn't anger and utter contempt. I even believed some of the things he was saying. Maybe, (and he's the longshot) I won't come to regret my naivety and lack of cycnicism. Maybe others will follow

I can't stand Tories and Boris is everything I cannot stand about them but even I think he appears to be a man of action being prepared to change direction if required only a couple of days ago we were heading for the herd mantra but when models showed this was likley to be a huge mistake we over night changed course now that takes courage self belief and leadership.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks for this thread. Much needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here