Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
1E8FF1C0-7842-4DBA-AE67-B9F0E41389F3.jpeg

saulth

May 28, 2020
Despite their rise in infections, this is the lowest daily death toll in the US since March 23...

screenshot-2020-07-06-at-12-09-01_orig.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tweet from Prof...Monday’s tend to be low ..but even so possible adjustments will be from a low base

RIP the 16

16 reported fatalities today, compared to 25 15 38 55 111 on previous Mondays.

352 new cases recorded which is by far the lowest number we have seen for some time.

There is no question that the presence of the virus is reducing and fast. Let's keep it that way.

Also Leicestet average infections continuing down even before any ‘lockdown effect‘

https://twitter.com/cricketwyvern/status/1280160897206571008?s=21

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tweet from Prof...Monday’s tend to be low ..but even so possible adjustments will be from a low base

RIP the 16

352 new cases recorded which is by far the lowest number we have seen for some time.

There is no question that the presence of the virus is reducing and fast. Let's keep it that way.

Also Leicestet average infections continuing down even before any ‘lockdown effect‘

Must admit I have not looked into it much - so could be wrong.

But it seems from what little I have seen it is entirely possibly the lockdown in Leicester was a flexing of Gov muscle showing what they can do.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But it seems from what little I have seen it is entirely possibly the lockdown in Leicester was a flexing of Gov muscle showing what they can do.

Judging from the figures I’ve seen I’d say that’s entirely possible ...guinea pigs

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

RIP the 16

The dropping off of numbers - deaths, infections (despite numbers being tested) - is almost bizarre - but hugely encouraging. The wailing around VE Day, BLM marches, hot weekends, beachgoing etc etc has simply come to nothing in terms of additional infections. I can't believe this is purely down to lockdown/distancing - I'm becoming more and more convinced the virus is fizzling out, or weakening to the extent it's no problem for the vast majority.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The dropping off of numbers - deaths, infections (despite numbers being tested) - is almost bizarre - but hugely encouraging. The wailing around VE Day, BLM marches, hot weekends, beachgoing etc etc has simply come to nothing in terms of additional infections. I can't believe this is purely down to lockdown/distancing - I'm becoming more and more convinced the virus is fizzling out, or weakening to the extent it's no problem for the vast majority.

Were you holding onto a large plank of wood when you posted that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I assumed it was a bit of a practice run, trialling the concept of local lockdowns.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I'm feeling similar. Thinking super saturday and pubs etc reopening is the acid test now. If there is not a spike this time.those who have been predicting doom after VE day, BLM etc will be looking like the boy who cried wolf. Itll be incredibly difficult in 3 weeks time to maintain lockdown of any form if there is no spike

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here