Page 222 of 287 FirstFirst ... 122172212219220221222223224225232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2864
    Members

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tweet from The Prof from a few hours ago

111 fatalities reported vs 121, 160, 210, 288, 338, 559, 744 on previous Mondays. The lowest figure since lockdown began.

1570 new cases, the lowest number since the end of March.

Hospital admissions continue to fall.

Everything is going in the right direction.
    What's crucial here is that on the 26th March, we recorded a similar number of new cases from around 8,000 tests - so roughly 20% testing positive. At that point in time, we were pretty much only testing people in hospital, many of whom were already seriously ill with Covid-19.

Today, we've arrived at that number from something closer to 80,000 - 2% test to positive result. You could argue on that basis that cases are now at only 10% of the level of late March, however in reality it's probably much, much lower than that as today's cases will include a large number of people tested at home with little more than a cough and a fever who simply thought it was sensible to get checked out. If you were getting tested in late March, there's a good chance you were already pretty ill.

We've gone from the brink of the apocalypse to being well on the road to recovery in rapid time. I'm wary of jinxing things, but based on everything I'm seeing around me - the direction of the numbers (not just here, but throughout the world), the increasingly upbeat quotes from top medical professionals and the baby steps we're taking towards normality, I'm feeling really, really positive.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poojah View Post
      What's crucial here is that on the 26th March, we recorded a similar number of new cases from around 8,000 tests - so roughly 20% testing positive. At that point in time, we were pretty much only testing people in hospital, many of whom were already seriously ill with Covid-19.

Today, we've arrived at that number from something closer to 80,000 - 2% test to positive result. You could argue on that basis that cases are now at only 10% of the level of late March, however in reality it's probably much, much lower than that as today's cases will include a large number of people tested at home with little more than a cough and a fever who simply thought it was sensible to get checked out. If you were getting tested in late March, there's a good chance you were already pretty ill.

We've gone from the brink of the apocalypse to being well on the road to recovery in rapid time. I'm wary of jinxing things, but based on everything I'm seeing around me - the direction of the numbers (not just here, but throughout the world), the increasingly upbeat quotes from top medical professionals and the baby steps we're taking towards normality, I'm feeling really, really positive.
      Completely agree - I can see us being very well out of this and back to near-normal much quicker than anticipated. Feeling very upbeat about things at the moment. As far as the press conference is concerned, it almost felt a bit like they were afraid to be too gung-ho about the good news (which is understandable).
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      We have just been told the kids can do social distance football training, good news if this is true. Has anyone else heard this?

1 Not allowed!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A7C09B3-6C7D-4B88-A880-C79E016BA6D3.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	124399

At face value, this is not good news but compared to the week before it’s almost halved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8BD24C37-64A7-4A49-AE91-82E8A2A6A700.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	124400
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      We have just been told the kids can do social distance football training, good news if this is true. Has anyone else heard this?
      Yes but putting it into practice could be tricky especially for the younger age groups!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
      Yes but putting it into practice could be tricky especially for the younger age groups!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
      I have a 10 year old daughter and a 13 year old son, the 13 year old has been asked to train this Thursday!
      Still awaiting the 10 year old.
      I'd prefer a couple of more weeks to be sure as I am keeping them fit anyway, but it is good news!
      Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

3 Not allowed!
      Mrs. P. was understandably nervous and apprehensive at returning to the Classroom yesterday, particularly regarding keeping pupils socially distanced. However it appears to have gone better than expected and hopefully will continue in that that vein until they break up next month.
      1 -2 and Arsenal are still all over the place!

1 Not allowed!
      I have a 10 year old daughter and a 13 year old son, the 13 year old has been asked to train this Thursday!
      I'd prefer a couple of more weeks to be sure as I am keeping them fit anyway, but it is good news!
      Non contact should be easy enough for the older kids. Took mine to Brighton Footgolf yesterday where he played with a mate for the first time instead of me. I played the hole behind with the dad and they kept 2m apart all the way, to the point where other dad asked me if he was ok as seemed a bit less social than normal

Anything under about 10 would be a nightmare I would think, they'd just dribble and tackle as soon as you turned your back. I coached under 9s for a season and getting them to listen is about 80% of the battle!
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      I hope they also have some positive influences in their lives to counterbalance your attitude and perspective.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger Boy View Post
      I hope they also have some positive influences in their lives to counterbalance your attitude and perspective.
      *Politely taps The Coronavirus Good News Thread sign*
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."