Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UK weekend briefings to stop

The government has announced there will no longer be televised briefings at weekends, starting this week.

However, the prime minister has committed to taking part in at least one briefing a week, Downing Street said.

There was no mention of changes to weekday briefings.

The first briefing was held on 16 March, and since then there has been one every day, including weekends and bank holidays

How many did Johnson rock up to in the end?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Wow ..if they r doing check ups that’s great

I had a large filling on a front tooth fall out early March and could only have a temporary job done (they glued it) ..was told it would last a month ..nearly three months on and one abscess treatment by antibiotics, it’s still there ..I want to go back lol

Ouch! If your one isn’t open, mine is the Old Manor Surgery in Rustington. I’m wondering if a lot of people have cancelled. I’ve never had an appointment moved forwards before, especially by one month. They might be able to fit you in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
85a881a60788ae01b7a9d61d2ebab0f7.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ouch! If your one isn’t open, mine is the Old Manor Surgery in Rustington. I’m wondering if a lot of people have cancelled. I’ve never had an appointment moved forwards before, especially by one month. They might be able to fit you in.

Thanks....the antibiotics worked and the temp is doing its job ..so for now I’m ok.....just havnt heard of many dentists actually open...i know mine will be prioritising those in pain.....it might be that yours want to sort out the checkups to clear the decks for when the drilling starts :moo:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As he says, question marks over reliability but 300 cases in 9.9m tests and all 300 showed no symptoms and weren’t infectious - more ammo to the virus weakening quiver.

48FAD4DA-3931-4881-96B7-68CA3C701560.jpeg

saulth

May 28, 2020
Slowly but steadily daily deaths keep decreasing in Italy - 55 today, which is less than yesterday and two days ago despite the absence of weekend effect for notifications.

408 patients remain in ICU - less than 10% of what they had during the peak.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the Prof today

There were 436 hospital Coronavirus admissions in England the day before yesterday, the lowest since 20 March.

The high was 3121. A staggering difference!

Fewer people needing hospital treatment will result in fewer deaths - very welcome news.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
ONS indicating death rates back to normal levels, with Covid death numbers falling so fast.

Death rates back to usual levels, say experts http://digitaleditions.telegraph.co...d/0/package/247/pub/247/page/29/article/47770

It will be interesting to see by the end of the year what the excess deaths end up as. Looking at it dispassionately (which is difficult) a percentage of those elderly , and those with serious underlying conditions would have probably died of their age/condition over the coming months. A percentage of deaths have covid mentioned on the death certificates, but Covid was not necessarily the primary cause of death . Is it likely that the death rates for the rest of the year will in fact be below average and thus reducing the overall impact of the pandemic.? i saw reports that the massive increase in air quality had resulted in fewer deaths and hospitalisations for people with respiratory problems

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It will be interesting to see by the end of the year what the excess deaths end up as. Looking at it dispassionately (which is difficult) a percentage of those elderly , and those with serious underlying conditions would have probably died of their age/condition over the coming months. A percentage of deaths have covid mentioned on the death certificates, but Covid was not necessarily the primary cause of death . Is it likely that the death rates for the rest of the year will in fact be below average and thus reducing the overall impact of the pandemic.? i saw reports that the massive increase in air quality had resulted in fewer deaths and hospitalisations for people with respiratory problems

Agreed - by year-end I don't expect 'excess deaths' to be anything like as dramatic as they currently look............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here