Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There was a good line on one of the covid updates in the last week.

It's not over by a long way, but we have just hit the back of the net for the third time :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can confirm the PRH Hospital in HH has the first of 4 freezers installed to look after the vaccine when it arrives.

I also have a pretty nailed on date.. or one we are certainly working too... although these things are always open to change.

However its good news so lots to be positive about :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
COVID-19 update

We at BSUH are currently caring for 56 people with COVID-19 in our hospitals. Of these, 9 are in Critical Care.

Latest stats, numbers on the decline, a few more in ITU sadly but still heading in right direction.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
COVID-19 update

We at BSUH are currently caring for 56 people with COVID-19 in our hospitals. Of these, 9 are in Critical Care.

Latest stats, numbers on the decline, a few more in ITU sadly but still heading in right direction.

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Infection numbers in Brighton and hove looking like dropping off fairly steeply, nationwide numbers also lowest for a long time at 11k

116D1A1D-BC29-4335-B8B0-E74869EFFD99.jpeg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did you have any reaction to the first jab?[/QUOTE [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] not sure. I felt tired, but put it down to the day. 2nd one I deffo got a reaction. Similar to that for a flu jab. Now, whether it's because of a vaccine, or because of something else?

How about you?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Not really. My arm was a little tender for a couple of days but that’s it. I’m tempted to have an antibody test after the second jab to see if I’ve had a vaccine rather than a placebo!

This not knowing thing is really frustrating isn't it!

[MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] the arm tenderness is supposed to be a sign of a vaccine isn't it? Mine was only tender for about an hour after. Did you have that [MENTION=3435]DIFFBROOK[/MENTION]?

In terms of other symptoms I'm so flipping tired I'm delirious thanks to my daughter(s) hardly sleeping so it's hard to tell. I thought I felt dizzy for a couple of hours after the vaccine yesterday. Today I've been feeling tired and headachy but that is likely to be all down to work stress and/or being up for half of the night.

But I've never really had any reaction to the flu jab I don't think so who knows.

Sorry to others for polluting this thread but it's good news related!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I can confirm the PRH Hospital in HH has the first of 4 freezers installed to look after the vaccine when it arrives.

I also have a pretty nailed on date.. or one we are certainly working too... although these things are always open to change.

Tallies up with the flight information I’ve been given

Good to go as soon as FDA approval

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tallies up with the flight information I’ve been given

Good to go as soon as FDA approval

FDA is the US, it’s the MHRA you need...assuming the U.K. are approving outside the EMEA.

D

Deleted member 2719

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] please award an NSC Knighthood for Marshy and his updates, you can use a virtual sword.:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m thinking FDA approval means we will Be assuming It passes here as well

I guess so, it’s not a given though. Pfizer have submitted to the FDA and I think the meeting is on 10th December. Any news on the UK?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the main three vaccine producers begun submitting trail data to FDA and MHRA some weeks ago, for processing in parallel to trails and accelerate the approvals.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1331560075870302208[/TWEET]

Also - CDC director in the US believes they will be vaccinating people by the 2nd week of December.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
[TWEET]1331560075870302208[/TWEET]

Also - CDC director in the US believes they will be vaccinating people by the 2nd week of December.

The 70, 80 or 90% whatever it is, is not the significant stat from the Oxford vaccine. It's that nobody got seriously ill. What a result

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not to coat-tail hang but - as previously mentioned - I have a friend who works as a nurse at RSCH (Brighton Hospital) and she too has heard a date that is quite encouraging. Appointments now actually being made for vaccinations in December - assuming approval, of course...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The 70, 80 or 90% whatever it is, is not the significant stat from the Oxford vaccine. It's that nobody got seriously ill. What a result

I work in a hospital so will no doubt get offered the vaccine pretty early on.
If there is a choice however, I think I’d prefer to swerve the pfeizer one in favour of the Oxford one.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not to coat-tail hang but - as previously mentioned - I have a friend who works as a nurse at RSCH (Brighton Hospital) and she too has heard a date that is quite encouraging. Appointments now actually being made for vaccinations in December - assuming approval, of course...

I am sure your Nurse friend is as much in the know as I am possibly more so.... and I would love to give you the date I have been told but don't want to say something that does not come off.

However if they are making appointments for December... I certainly wont tell you otherwise ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here