Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anxiety

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you suffer from this is it a Spinal Tap 11 at the moment ? Tips to calm it down

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Don’t think about it too much.
Take things as they come.
Avoid websites where people dwell on worst case scenarios.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm really struggling with things at the moment, it comes and goes in waves.

Not really found a way of coping at the moment, just try and avoid the constant bombardment of information and get on with daily life while sticking to the advice.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Pregabalin. Developed as an anticonvulsant it works as a mood stabilizer.

Worked for me when my anxiety was off the chart.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I've suffered with anxiety for a few years. As mentioned above, drink something. I carry a bottle of water everywhere with me, literally everywhere. I find it really helps.
Although since January the topic of C19 has got my anxiety extremely bad, so bad that I seeked help.

The first thing doc tried was to prescribe anti depressants as they help change they thoughts that bring on anxiety.

I didn't want to go down the anti depressants route and asked for Beta Blockers that help with they symptoms of anxiety. The sweating, heart rushing etc. Apparently they effectively stop adrenaline in your body. There is absolutely no way I'd of got to March without them.

I know long term though that I do need to teach my brain not to think of these things though, I've also realised that I almost certainly have OCD as the topic has totally consumed me and I've been seeking out updates obsessively left, right and centre.
This is something that I'll also need to get help with

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If you suffer from this is it a Spinal Tap 11 at the moment ? Tips to calm it down
Sertraline and counselling. The Sertraline just takes the edge off and the counselling helps you to see why you didn't really need the Sertraline in the first place (although you did or you would not have been able to use the counselling effectively.)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
ETWDz1fXQAAEg5h.jpeg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm really struggling with things at the moment, it comes and goes in waves.

Not really found a way of coping at the moment, just try and avoid the constant bombardment of information and get on with daily life while sticking to the advice.

I understand, I read some good stuff on the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799

I've used some of these things and found them kind of useful. I'd certainly limit social media as best you can - Twitter completely, Facebook, I stick to groups where these things aren't really discussed but even that's tricky!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Waking early after a bad night’s sleep, unable to get back to sleep with thoughts of getting in food for elderly relatives and “Ooh I could get to Sainsbury’s for 7am opening if I got up now” then getting to Sainsbury’s at 0645, already a massive queue and none of the stuff you went for on the shelves anyway = my life the last three days, and breathe. Exercise is good, fresh air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here