Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Press Conference Pecking Order

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems that at every press conference I've seen there is a specific pecking order when it gets to questions:-

BBC
Sky
ITV
Daily Mail

Then a free for all normally led by the Times or Telegraph.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes but why can't we see Laura

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Boris being told off for telling a joke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris is busking.

In these very difficult times we are intent on doing whatever is necessary, and we will follow the best possible scientific advice and we will beat it.

Any fat bluffer can say that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems that at every press conference I've seen there is a specific pecking order when it gets to questions:-

BBC
Sky
ITV
Daily Mail

To be fair, that's about right in terms of credibility. As the tax payers are supporting the BBC it is only right they take the lead on this.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Boris is busking.

In these very difficult times we are intent on doing whatever is necessary, and we will follow the best possible scientific advice and we will beat it.

Any fat bluffer can say that.

True, but to be fair to him he has handled this whole thing a lot better than I ever thought possible.
Just glad it’s not me having to coordinate this shitfest.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

BBC
Sky
ITV
Daily Mail

Sky
BBC
ITV
FT

Then The Guardian

Not quite bang on!

It was like lottery balls coming out.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
**** me! Someone has at last asked a Brexit question. Well, the virus didn't keep that down for long.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
True, but to be fair to him he has handled this whole thing a lot better than I ever thought possible.
Just glad it’s not me having to coordinate this shitfest.

I think he has been awful handling it.

Some of the answers he is giving have little to do with the he questions.

And All this "eh eh" "um um" "ah ah" "oh oh" slotted on between every two or three words is absolutely embarrassing

This is the Leader of our Nation. Someone that we think has the intelligence to lead the country.

Look at the clear and concise language used by the Advisors flanking him each day. If they can speak in a clear concise and correct manner then surely someone at the head of our country. Surely it is not a lot to ask for him to be able to speak properly ?

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford

BBC
Sky
ITV
Daily Mail

When I watch Jonny Cantor is usually third!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've heard Boris posts on here so obviously read the thread and thought he needed to buck the trend!!!

If he does I would imagine I already have him on ignore.

I'm listening to music right now so if anything interesting is said would someone please post it on here? Oh hang on, Mrs T has a news feed on her phone and she says the schools are shutting on Friday. I have a feeling we will have a house full of nine year old's next week, given that I am working at home, and Mrs T works from home. Best I set up an office in the shed tomorrow, methinks :mad:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

BBC
Sky
ITV
Daily Mail

Might it be that BBC have more viewers and the apparent pecking order might reflect the likely size of the audience. I assume you are having a dig with your mention of those papers, but during BJ's press conference today, The Guardian was very high up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here