Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Covid-19 impact on English football clubs

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There will a cull of clubs and a much smaller EFL.

Personally, I'd cap all Premier League and Championship wages and say sorry the money is needed for the greater good of the club. Like it or lump it. The club and the fans must go on, the players can be replaced, even with shit ones, I don't care, shit football is better than no football.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Personally, I'd cap all Premier League and Championship wages and say sorry the money is needed for the greater good of the club. Like it or lump it. The club and the fans must go on, the players can be replaced, even with shit ones, I don't care, shit football is better than no football.

Albion fans of a certain age are well versed in shit football.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Indeed, the end of celebrity football would be one small silver lining. Ultimately I am a Brighton fan, not a fan of any of the players.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I may feel uneasy by money in PL but at least they have income. What is more wrong is money thrown at lower leagues.in hope of promotions with very little income. Couldnt believe Barnet are losing £100k a week. How on earth does a national league team have these outgoings Very low gates and all players full time I think is a joke. I would go as far as saying most of Div 1 and 2 clubs shouldnt have full time players. Whilst not full time even players at clubs like Lewis Worthing Whitehawk have contracts. I played at that level 25 years ago and got petrol money. All these clubs have owners that are dreaming the dream.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Where's the £1 million (£500,000 up front with add-ons) they received from Peterborough for Jack Taylor gone in January? He's already being linked with clubs in the Premier League and Posh went on a six-match winning run immediately after he joined, settling straight into central midfield.

How can you blow that sort of money on debts and shortcomings so quickly? 👹

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here