Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The trouble is you're only going to know you have it for sure if you have it really badly, or if you're tested - for that reason this thread could unfortunately do more harm than good.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had sudden vomiting and diarrhoea with fever, which only lasted a day or so. Since then (2 weeks) I've had on-and-off dry cough, tight chest, headaches, pain in back, neuralgic pain down one arm, feeling hot but with no temperature, and tiredness.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had sudden vomiting and diarrhoea with fever, which only lasted a day or so. Since then (2 weeks) I've had on-and-off dry cough, tight chest, headaches, pain in back, neuralgic pain down one arm, feeling hot but with no temperature, and tiredness.

Sounds like many of us after that Palace game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Think I have it. Had a very mild cough/cold last few days. Possibly a bit of a temperature the other night and a slight tightness in chest. Felt absolutely fine when I woke up this morning though. Then this afternoon suddenly wham! - hit me with avengence. Of course I don't know if this is 'it' because they're not testing, but I definitely have a 'flu' of some description. Fever, headache, bit dizzy, sore throat and cough, bit of an achey chest. It's all fairly mild for now tho, so just hoping it will pass. Self-isolating for the next week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My son and half his skiing group who returned fron Andorra on Sunday may have gone down with the virus.
Woken up with fever and headache. Hopefully just normal flu. No doubt the headache is due to the wall to wall virus coverage causing worry.
So he and his partner and now self isolating for 14 days.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
My son and half his skiing group who returned fron Andorra on Sunday may have gone down with the virus.
Woken up with fever and headache. Hopefully just normal flu. No doubt the headache is due to the wall to wall virus coverage causing worry.
So he and his partner and now self isolating for 14 days.

I have heard numerous coronavirus tales involving ski trips (including the original Brighton super-spreader and someone I know personally here in the US). It could simply be coincidence but I do wonder if there is something about the activity of skiing, or the environment, that lends itself to the efficient spread of the virus.

I have heard numerous coronavirus tales involving ski trips (including the original Brighton super-spreader and someone I know personally here in the US). It could simply be coincidence but I do wonder if there is something about the activity of skiing, or the environment, that lends itself to the efficient spread of the virus.

I go skiing most years and often comeback with a cold within a few days. I think it is flight & transfer combo - Andorra for example is a 3 hour coach ride after the flight; plus in some hotels mealtimes are set and everyone piles in like panic shoppers. On the slopes fresh air and scenery, before and after cramped transport and bars etc.

Zamo25

May 16, 2019
Sounds like any normal Flu...

100% agree, without testing, there is no way of telling if normal flu or Covid-19.

Woke up in the night very damp (back was dripping), however I feel 10 times better today than yesterday, no paracetamol required to get me through working from home.....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Slight cough today , could be nothing as not bad but is there, still at work so at what point do you need isolate

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Like a hell of a lot of people, we have both had long standing cold like symptoms since November. I had what I took to be a bad case of flu at Christmas but it only lasted a couple of days so I may have had the virus already.

Without a mass testing system, we don’t know if we gave had it or not

Looks like my wife’s school will today offer to stay open with volunteer teachers only to cover children of care and hospital workers. They have locked everything away and banned books. All they are doing is acting like child minders.

BTW. It is also coming up hay fever time!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
As many have said, without widespread testing - both for the presence of virus and also for antibodies, if or when such a test is available, we have absolutely no idea how many of those with symptoms actually have Covid-19 and how many have something else.

The official total of tests versus positives is as good as it gets and, according to PHE,

"As of 9am on 17 March 2020, 50,442 people have been tested in the UK, of which 48,492 were confirmed negative and 1,950 were confirmed as positive."

I'm going to assume here that the overwhelming majority of those to have been tested so far were showing symptoms that *could* have been Covid-19. And yet, when tested, only 3.8pc actually *did* have it. It was 20x more likely to be something else.

It's difficult to see how anyone can say "I've probably got it" or even "it's quite likely I've got it" given these numbers. Some with symptoms have. Most with symptoms haven't (and yet are still self-excluding, which causes considerable and ongoing damage to lives, working patterns, the economy etc).

Zamo25

May 16, 2019
Careful. You sound like the guy on Facebook denying it's existence and that it's all created by government's to reduce protests.:mad::smile:

No you're wrong.

It's so that the Chinese can take advantage of cheap US and European stocks as their economy gets back to normal whilst the ROW lags behind........

Or so the UK Gov can delay IR-35 by 12 months, as they accept the initial policy wasn't fit for purpose...........

Or so the Premier League have time to sort out all the controversy surrounding VAR and can get it right, ready for the last 10 games of the season..........

OR

Insert any other, ill advised tweet / conspiracy / Illuminati fanatic, >>> Here:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I had a virus about 4 weeks ago with all the symptoms of Covid-19. Fever and a horrible dry cough for about 9 days. It was the worst I have felt for a long time. I have no idea if it was THE virus, but it certainly laid me low. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of the Imperial College modellers estimated that the number of people in the UK that have it/have had it at c50k yesterday.

That's 1 in 1,320 across the UK population.

Yesterday NSC had 4,959 users.

Ah, but I washed my hands before and after replying to threads.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Think I have it. Had a very mild cough/cold last few days. Possibly a bit of a temperature the other night and a slight tightness in chest. Felt absolutely fine when I woke up this morning though. Then this afternoon suddenly wham! - hit me with avengence. Of course I don't know if this is 'it' because they're not testing, but I definitely have a 'flu' of some description. Fever, headache, bit dizzy, sore throat and cough, bit of an achey chest. It's all fairly mild for now tho, so just hoping it will pass. Self-isolating for the next week.

Didn't sleep last night, mainly through anxiety I think. Today, very dry throat, but dry cough has changed to a wet cough. Chest still tight. Had a short kip this afternoon and feel quite a lot better for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here