Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

D

Deleted member 2719

Not tree pollen for me. I've had that for last 6 years and will no doubt suffer that within a few weeks. Slightly different and gets my eyes and nose as well as breathing. The non hay fever wife also has my current symptoms. Ruling out man flu and pollen.

Okay, I feel hot at times, but don't appear to be running a temperature, it could just be when I am around you.

Hope you and the wife are well soon.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I

Strange thing ..... several people have said they had the symptoms months ago, like before Christmas?! :mad:

Even stranger ... I know what they mean, so did I :down:

Same here I still have a bit of a cough which first started middle of December

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Beginning of Feb I had a ******* sore throat then a dry cough for a few days. Didn't take my temperature (different world back then wasn't it), but once the throat stopped hurting had muscle aches in arms, armpits and legs intermittently along with my chest still not feeling quite right and general feeling of being less than what I pass as 'well'. A few others I know have had similar over this time, so I think there's a good chance that either it was doing the rounds earlier than we knew or there was a nasty seasonal thing going around at the time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of my Welsh mates tested positive after skiing trip in Italy. Now fine. No respiratory problems but worse fever/flu he’s ever had (3/4 days).

I’m still having [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] symptoms. 8 days now. Tight chest, headache, slight sputum, low energy and tiredness. No fever or cough. There is a high incidence of this on NSC and would be good to know if this is positive or negative.

As London is taking the majority of initial uptake it makes sense Brighton would be amongst the places next in line. The concentric ring spread boosted by commuters and Gatwick.

Also Worthing - site of one of the first corona patients in the UK. My two friends who have had strong fevers over the last week or so both live in Worthing. I travel to Worthing frequently and live nearby.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Beginning of Feb I had a ******* sore throat then a dry cough for a few days. Didn't take my temperature (different world back then wasn't it), but once the throat stopped hurting had muscle aches in arms, armpits and legs intermittently along with my chest still not feeling quite right and general feeling of being less than what I pass as 'well'. A few others I know have had similar over this time, so I think there's a good chance that either it was doing the rounds earlier than we knew or there was a nasty seasonal thing going around at the time.

Be really ****ing annoying if this is something totally separate we’ve each been getting. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No idea if it is or not, but I’ve kept a record of my symptoms;

Symptoms

12.03.20 - slight temperature

13.03.20 - woke up in night with chills, sweaty legs and wrists

14.03.20 - still a slight temperature (around 37.5) and feeling a bit woozy, starting to get slight muscle aches, definite period of 2-3 hours where lung capacity felt less by 20% or so. Very fatigued - just wanted to sleep from 7pm onwards!

15.03.20 - slight temp but less woozy. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Very fatigued again. Craving sleep all the time.

16.03.20 - no temp. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Slightly less fatigued. Further leg aches overnight stopped me sleeping too well.

17.03.20 - still leg aches, not much else symptoms wise now. Temp fully down now.
Slight sniffles. Leg aches fading to a more dull ache as day goes on.

I hope this is it, as whilst not fun, it has been very mild for me.

Am self isolating along with wife and 2 year old son.

Oh also, incredibly low appetite for most of the weak. Have lost weight actually a bit too quickly. Just wanted to sleep and drink water all week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no idea how they can estimate with even a vague sense of certainty, given recent studies in Italy suggest as many as 75% could be asymptomatic.

They can only model in on what they know...

- When the virus arrived
- How infectious the disease is (each infected person infects, on average, 2-3 others)
- Data from countries further advanced than us, such as Italy and what happened in Wuhan.

Vallance estimated 55,000 cases today...

Jeremy Hunt, the former Conservative health secretary who now chairs the Commons Health committee, asked Vallance whether there was “potentially 55,000 cases” in the UK at the moment.

Vallance said: “If you put all the modelling information together, that’s a reasonable ballpark way of looking at it.” He added: “It’s not more accurate than that.”​

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whatever you have, I hope you all shake it off soon.

Have you had any snot at all?

When you say leg aches are they ankles, knees, hips or just jelly legs.

Leg aches I would say have been in the muscles. Not the joints so much, which I would normally associate with my gout which would likely flare up at a moment like this.

Hard to explain the aches, more generally through the legs and not something I pretty much ever get, this was the symptom that made me think it might be something viral. Very common part of post-viral fatigue is aching muscles.

I also feel like my lungs aren’t quite back at 100% capacity. They’re fine...no trouble breathing and fortunately haven’t ever smoked, but they just don’t feel like they quite inflate to 100% atm.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Went on the mother of all benders after the palace game, and I've not felt right since.

Clearly there is a lot of pestilence associated with that fixture, and alcohol suppressing my immune system didn't help.

Anyway, occasional cough, headache, forearm aches, no fever. But it hasn't gone away yet.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It could be a game changer, one that significantly brings down the percentage for those who are hospitalised and die.

Most certainly is. If it has spread significantly more than advertised then the mortality rate will be lower than expected, also we are much further down the road than expected. Both are clearly very good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange thing ..... several people have said they had the symptoms months ago, like before Christmas?! :mad:

Even stranger ... I know what they mean, so did I :down:

Yes. As noted previously (I may have started a thread on this before the Covid-19 was announced) I and others have been ill since November with a cough that comes and goes, congestion (in the right ear in my case - lasted 2 weeks), lassitude, and achey calves (I'll add that in because I have had achey calves since December and didn't mention this previously). I have had no temperature (went to the doc and he told me 'it's a virus, you have no temperature, no antibiotics for you me-laddo, now piss off'). Live evryone else I have no idea if I have actually has Cov-19 or not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. As noted previously (I may have started a thread on this before the Covid-19 was announced) I and others have been ill since November with a cough that comes and goes, congestion (in the right ear in my case - lasted 2 weeks), lassitude, and achey calves (I'll add that in because I have had achey calves since December and didn't mention this previously). I have had no temperature (went to the doc and he told me 'it's a virus, you have no temperature, no antibiotics for you me-laddo, now piss off'). Live evryone else I have no idea if I have actually has Cov-19 or not.
Sounds like you may have the 'pre-existing condition' that gets mentioned all the time when the fatality stats. are given out. Tough luck ................. :wink:

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
This thread has been a reassuring read.

I too have felt 'symptoms' the last few days. Sore throat Thurs and Fri, little bit of dizziness Friday but no temp that I know of.

Then Saturday through to today I've had a cough, including as others mention the feeling of lungs just being tight and not inflating as much as normal.

I'm 33 and in good shape, I was training for the marathon until last week's postponement, so hoping all will be well soon rather than getting worse.

Worst part for me is the not knowing one way or the other, and feeling like there's nobody to even talk to about it - gp not interested and 111 unless you're on death's door (which I do understand). This has been a helpful thread to hear others experiences, like reading about the mps and their cases/recoveries

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like you may have the 'pre-existing condition' that gets mentioned all the time when the fatality stats. are given out. Tough luck ................. :wink:

So much for my plan to emulate Woody Allen and achieve immortality through living forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here