Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Strange thing ..... several people have said they had the symptoms months ago, like before Christmas?! :mad:

Even stranger ... I know what they mean, so did I :down:

I caught Norovirus just before Christmas. I caught it from nursing my mother who was diagnosed with it. Apart from the vomiting, it felt like people describing their mild dose of Covid-19.

But obviously it wasn’t. I can see how people would be confused by this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No idea if it is or not, but I’ve kept a record of my symptoms;

Symptoms

12.03.20 - slight temperature

13.03.20 - woke up in night with chills, sweaty legs and wrists

14.03.20 - still a slight temperature (around 37.5) and feeling a bit woozy, starting to get slight muscle aches, definite period of 2-3 hours where lung capacity felt less by 20% or so. Very fatigued - just wanted to sleep from 7pm onwards!

15.03.20 - slight temp but less woozy. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Very fatigued again. Craving sleep all the time.

16.03.20 - no temp. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Slightly less fatigued. Further leg aches overnight stopped me sleeping too well.

17.03.20 - still leg aches, not much else symptoms wise now. Temp fully down now.
Slight sniffles. Leg aches fading to a more dull ache as day goes on.

I hope this is it, as whilst not fun, it has been very mild for me.

Am self isolating along with wife and 2 year old son.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also have a couple of friends in Worthing who have had pretty bad fevers over last few days, but slowly coming out the other side of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of the Imperial College modellers estimated that the number of people in the UK that have it/have had it at c50k yesterday.

That's 1 in 1,320 across the UK population.

Yesterday NSC had 4,959 users.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the Imperial College modellers estimated that the number of people in the UK that have it/have had it at c50k yesterday.

So either

A) A LOT more people have it than the estimates suggest.

B) We have a fair share of hypochondriacs

C) There is something very similar going around also

Or probably some combo of the 3.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I have no idea how they can estimate with even a vague sense of certainty, given recent studies in Italy suggest as many as 75% could be asymptomatic.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have no idea how they can estimate with even a vague sense of certainty, given recent studies in Italy suggest as many as 75% could be asymptomatic.

In Sweden we started testing some healthy random people this week, results to be revealed at the end of the week. Though data wont be massive it will be an indicator. Fairly certain a lot of countries is doing this and that we soon will know more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In Sweden we started testing some healthy random people this week, results to be revealed at the end of the week. Though data wont be massive it will be an indicator. Fairly certain a lot of countries is doing this and that we soon will know more.

This will be helpful.

D

Deleted member 2719

No idea if it is or not, but I’ve kept a record of my symptoms;

Symptoms

12.03.20 - slight temperature

13.03.20 - woke up in night with chills, sweaty legs and wrists

14.03.20 - still a slight temperature (around 37.5) and feeling a bit woozy, starting to get slight muscle aches, definite period of 2-3 hours where lung capacity felt less by 20% or so. Very fatigued - just wanted to sleep from 7pm onwards!

15.03.20 - slight temp but less woozy. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Very fatigued again. Craving sleep all the time.

16.03.20 - no temp. Leg aches. Slight head ache. Slightly less fatigued. Further leg aches overnight stopped me sleeping too well.

17.03.20 - still leg aches, not much else symptoms wise now. Temp fully down now.
Slight sniffles. Leg aches fading to a more dull ache as day goes on.

I hope this is it, as whilst not fun, it has been very mild for me.

Am self isolating along with wife and 2 year old son.

Whatever you have, I hope you all shake it off soon.

Have you had any snot at all?

When you say leg aches are they ankles, knees, hips or just jelly legs.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One of my Welsh mates tested positive after skiing trip in Italy. Now fine. No respiratory problems but worse fever/flu he’s ever had (3/4 days).

I’m still having [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] symptoms. 8 days now. Tight chest, headache, slight sputum, low energy and tiredness. No fever or cough. There is a high incidence of this on NSC and would be good to know if this is positive or negative.

As London is taking the majority of initial uptake it makes sense Brighton would be amongst the places next in line. The concentric ring spread boosted by commuters and Gatwick.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
No positive diagnosis, but just spoken to a GP who says that it sounds more likely than not that I have corona, so here’s my experience:

About a week ago I got a bit of a cough, not much of one, but a dry, unproductive cough, although I wasn’t coughing particularly frequently, maybe once an hour or so. Then, last Thursday I had a splitting headache all day and a sore throat too. I left work early as paracetamol didn’t even take the edge of this headache. That evening it was announced that those with either a fever or persistent cough should self isolate. My cough hadn’t gone away and was becoming more frequent, so I thought I ought to self isolate. I had body aches, mainly in my back and sides at night, but no fever at all. I was checking my temperature fairly frequently and it did fluctuate, I’m usually around 36-36.5C, but I was getting up into the low 37C range, which is high for me.

Over the weekend I was still short of breath and had a tight chest, particularly at night and the aching continued, so I didn’t sleep that well.

By Sunday I was starting to feel a bit better, still a bit short of breath, but not too bad. Then over the last day or two I’ve become shorter of breath, to the extent that I now sound a bit like Marlon Brando in the Godfather when I try to talk. I’m also feeling really tired. In the last few hours the breathing has become more difficult, especially when trying to hold a conversation. So my wife called our local GP surgery and I ended up speaking with a GP. They told me that they are seeing quite a few cases that have this 2nd wave of breathlessness around a week after the first symptoms. At the moment I feel that I can deal with this well enough at home, so unless the breathing becomes particularly problematic I’m going to try to see this out at home.

I am asthmatic, not particularly bad and usually only pollen induced, but I do take 1 puff of the preventer (brown inhaler) once a day. I’ve upped the dosage to twice a day in the last few days. Weirdly, although I feel short of breath, it feels very different to when I’m short of breath with asthma. When the asthma is bad I’m very wheezy, you can hear my chest wheezing and rattling. I’m not experiencing any of that, it’s strange but although it feels like I’m breathing normally it seems that I’m not able to get as much air in as usual.

As I said, I don’t feel unwell, just short of breath and quite tired. Hopefully I can see this through the next few days without it getting any worse, then it should start to improve.

Once I’m over this I hope that it’s not long until there’s a test to categorically prove whether I’ve had it. If I can be sure that I can’t infect anyone else then I feel there’s an important role to play in the local community.

D

Deleted member 2719

One of my Welsh mates tested positive after skiing trip in Italy. Now fine. No respiratory problems but worse fever/flu he’s ever had (3/4 days).

I’m still having [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] symptoms. 8 days now. Tight chest, headache, slight sputum, low energy and tiredness. No fever or cough. There is a high incidence of this on NSC and would be good to know if this is positive or negative.

As London is taking the majority of initial uptake it makes sense Brighton would be amongst the places next in line. The concentric ring spread boosted by commuters and Gatwick.

I have had the same Knocky but put it down to a summery type cold, I have had constant snot running down the back of my throat which is lubricating it and stopping me cough. The chest tightened up on me yesterday and I feel a bit asthmatic today, wasn't sure if its the tree pollen.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Sore throat started last Tuesday, no temp, no fever. Coughed/sneezed a handful of times in past week but nothing out of the ordinary. I've basically felt ok and the only thing that has persisted is tightness in my chest, the feeling that my chest is being compressed. No idea if its the ole CV or just a coincidence but two of my kids have had high temps over a course of two days so we're all self isolating just in case.

Jul 7, 2003
I genuinely believe I have it.

Came back from Morrocco last week. Also went out in London Friday and Saturday Evening.

Made it into the office yesterday (London Bridge) but had developed a "Dry" cough (something I have never had before!).

Struggled to sleep last night and woke up at 3am shivering but clammy. Only Paracetamol could get me back to sleep.

Today I feel achey all over and only well enough to go for a walk if dosed up on paracetomol!

I am a fairly healthy guy in my late 20's so hoping can shake it off soon!

Sounds like any normal Flu...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have had the same Knocky but put it down to a summery type cold, I have had constant snot running down the back of my throat which is lubricating it and stopping me cough. The chest tightened up on me yesterday and I feel a bit asthmatic today, wasn't sure if its the tree pollen.

Not tree pollen for me. I've had that for last 6 years and will no doubt suffer that within a few weeks. Slightly different and gets my eyes and nose as well as breathing. The non hay fever wife also has my current symptoms. Ruling out man flu and pollen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here