Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you had Covid-19 ......Could you share your experience?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
La Madre tested negative two days ago, tested positive yesterday, woke up today feeling sick and is now coughing/sneezing etc... I guess it will be "interesting" to see how this progresses. Her apartment is pretty small so I expect to get infected as well any moment - not the best feeling.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
191,000 in the UK.

ONS latest estimate was 576,300. https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...#number-of-people-in-england-who-had-covid-19

At that rate I don’t know how we all haven’t had it by now!!

e8e30768a4a0694ff5aabb04c12def17.jpg

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Not been on NSC for a while but saw this thread and thought I should comment.
On March 21 I came down with a fever, slight cough etc. For a few days it wasn't too bad and I thought I'd got off lightly.
After 7 days however I was really struggling. I started having trouble breathing. Eventually I called 111 and they were concerned enough to send an ambulance.
When the ambulance arrived they did a variety of tests and then rushed me to hospital.
The breathing was getting harder and I was put on a drip and given an oxygen mask to help breath.
My condition got worse and I was genuinely scared for my life at one point (probably just being paranoid but being alone and not able to breath without help is scary!)
The fever was awful and I was basically on a drip every few hours giving me medicine to help keep my temperature down.
My resting heart rate which is normally about 60 went up to 120!
After 4 days of hell in hospital (but amazing care from the drs and nurses) I started to feel better and was discharged to continue recovery at home.
It has now been 3 1/2 weeks and I am still not fully recovered. I am mostly better but am extremely tired. I went for a walk for the first time yesterday - just a short walk - and it felt like I had run a marathon!!

Do everything you can to not get this thing - it is horrendous!

Thought I'd give an update.
I ended up with Long Covid and it took until August until I was anything approaching normal (5 months after having caught it).
Have been for a few tests recently and fortunately there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage to lungs or heart.
Still not back to levels of fitness before I had it but working on it.
One after effect is I am now really struggling with anxiety and having panic attacks - barely had a nights sleep since I went back to work in September. I work as a teacher and I am finding it petrifying being in a crowded room with 30 + kids all day.
One thing I would advise which I didn't think of is that if you get hospitalised take a toothbrush! I didn't and got a tooth infection whilst my immunity was low. Long story short I need to have my front teeth removed now :(

Please follow the rules and stay safe

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thought I'd give an update.
I ended up with Long Covid and it took until August until I was anything approaching normal (5 months after having caught it).
Have been for a few tests recently and fortunately there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage to lungs or heart.
Still not back to levels of fitness before I had it but working on it.
One after effect is I am now really struggling with anxiety and having panic attacks - barely had a nights sleep since I went back to work in September. I work as a teacher and I am finding it petrifying being in a crowded room with 30 + kids all day.
One thing I would advise which I didn't think of is that if you get hospitalised take a toothbrush! I didn't and got a tooth infection whilst my immunity was low. Long story short I need to have my front teeth removed now :(

Please follow the rules and stay safe

A sobering tale, thank you for updating.

Hope you get back to 100% soon.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I developed a bit of a cough last night so went for a test today at Plumpton race course.

I was very impressed with the whole routine. Booked a test with 30 minutes notice, drove in and did my swab and was home within an hour. Should know within 72 hours.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My long winded experience which might help some:

It basically took me four weeks to recover and feel like myself again. What I would say is I didn’t know how unwell I was until I felt better.

I think because most of the coverage is either about the asymptomstic cases or how serious it can be for the elderly and vunerable, I tried to convince myself that as a fit 38 year old, I was fine and just had to get on with things. I think there needs to be continually more coverage and information released about how debilitating it can be for people even if you’re not so bad that you’re hospitalised. That might help with fewer people then breaking the rules and taking it more seriously.

I had a cough and temperature for one night. The biggest issue though was fatigue and aching throughout the four weeks. It really knocked me for six. I was trying to work and look after our children with my other half whilst we were both suffering and it was so, so tough. I carried on working from home most of the time bar a few days when I said to my boss I just couldn’t do it. I should have taken more time off though as I really struggled to concentrate and made lots of mistakes I never make.

I had a headache for probaby two/three weeks and whilst I can’t find the words to accurately describe it, I felt like my vision had closed in. My world seemed a lot narrower and darker. It really was a strange, unpleasant feeling.

I lost my sense of taste only for about three/four days but 8 weeks after first developing symptoms and testing positive, I still haven’t really got my sense of smell back fully which is a bizarre sensation.

I struggled a bit with breathing but mainly at night as I lie on my back. A nurse friend told me to make sure I lie on my front or side and that did really help. This is really important actually, if you are struggling with breathing, make sure you don’t lie on your back as you can do more damage to your lungs.

I had to go for a walk outside in the cold air as my car was being repaired about three weeks after I first got symptoms and that was a big mistake. I really struggled to do anything for the rest of that day and I have no doubt it knocked back my recovery back a few days so if you do have it, make sure you don’t rush back to normality. The instinctive celebration of Welbeck’s goal against Villa when I was mid virus was aldo a very bad idea at the time, I hurt for the rest of that day!

According to everyone who saw me either via Zoom or in person, I looked totally pale throughout the time I was unwell. My parents did a doorstep drop off for me half way through it and were really worried about me as I looked so awful apparently. I subsequently grew a beard to hide that and still have it now!

I remember the first day I really felt better and like myself, I felt totally elated and a completely different person to the one of the previous weeks. It was only then really I realised how unwell I’d been. I still haven’t got totally back to normal yet though as before getting the virus I would run between 5k and 10k, four times a week and I haven’t attempted that yet. Looking to try a very short run this weekend.

Whilst I wasn’t bed bound for a sustained period of time and have felt more ill in the past for a much shorter time when I had tonsilitis and flu, the fatigue, aching body and longevity of the illness were the hardest things about it. It was a really unpleasant, dark few weeks. It is a nasty virus and its definitely something to take seriously however old or fit you are. Stay safe.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Would be interesting to know now 15 million have had first dose how many in the country have some level of protection through vaccine or exposure

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm 36 years old and had Covid around a two weeks ago. I'd say I had about 2 days of intermittent night sweats and felt very cold, then had a light cough for a couple of days. I did loose my sense of smell and taste for around 10 days which was quite horrible as everything I ate was like tasting cardboard, I even went off drinking tea! For about 5 days after the night sweats also felt very woozy, and off the pace, kind of like having a massive hangover. Moving my eyeballs hurt. Overall not too bad, and quite relieved to have had it and got over it in a way. Wife only had symptoms for a day and felt pretty much fine throughout, our 8 month old boy was also fine and symptom free throughout, and presume he must have caught it from us.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
I'm 57 and caught it about 5 weeks ago (was caring for my mother who caught it in hospital in Midlands). Raised temperature at first, night sweats, then headache/hungover feeling, throaty cough, aches and tiredness. Overall pretty mild symptoms which lasted about two weeks. Since then I've been out for long walks and started jogging 2.5 to 5km, with no ill effects. My wife had it worse than me, similar symptoms but she's ok now. My 83 year old mother, who had heart issues, brushed it off within a week. My teenage son also caught it and had v mild symptoms, other son no symptoms. All in all not too bad, just relieved for my mum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here